Hyundai Genesis

I love it except for that ulgy grill, thing looks like it came off a ssanyong.

rodius.jpg

hyundai-genesis-15.jpg

Yeah, I can see that.

Last edited:
its called cheap labor and conversion rates.
Cheap labor nothing, they get paid just as much as europeans. The real reason is, they're not out to squeeze every penny you've got out of you like all the other luxury brands.

Also one cannot deny that a part in Hyundais success is a fair bit of dodgy dealings with the goverment of South Korea, as is the case in most of the old chaebols, Samsung, LG etc...

Nowadays they subsidise cars for export and charge the domestic market more. Thats what my SK buddy says at least...

Also one cannot deny that a part in Hyundais success is a fair bit of dodgy dealings with the goverment of South Korea, as is the case in most of the old chaebols, Samsung, LG etc...

Nowadays they subsidise cars for export and charge the domestic market more. Thats what my SK buddy says at least...

That would make sense except for two things.

1) They're going to make this one in Alabama.
2) Even on the Korean-made models, they're cheaper in Korea (slightly) than they are in the US.

That would make sense except for two things.

1) They're going to make this one in Alabama.
2) Even on the Korean-made models, they're cheaper in Korea (slightly) than they are in the US.

#2 is not true at all... the Veracruz is a good $5000 cheaper in the USA, possibly more! it used to be true, but it is no longer the case because of congestion taxes and whatnot being charged in the Korean domestic market.

I think the reason I like the Genesis is that my expectations were pretty much rock bottom.

To find a reasonably good looking (albeit unoriginal) car, with a nice interior and a decent price point, was a happy mild surprise.