I... bought an Alfa. And gave it away!

Have you learned nothing from history?

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2011/04/28/1300129843001.jpg

Buying a car, letting a Swiss help you choose an Italian car. Well, you ended up with a nice Chrysler. Is it FWD? And why on earth is everything working, this is like finding the golden ticket, you probably found the one 147 where they actually took care assembling it - I hope for your mums sake it stays that way ;)

Nice car, tell her not to ruin it immediately. And better not to use any electric stuff :p

you probably found the one 147 where they actually took care assembling it

Not quite, they put a 146 badge on the back. :p

Looks very tidy though, good buy.

thomas is such a grouch. New title for him...

Just found some wheels:

alfawheels.jpg

Going to pick them up on monday. Need to find a radio now and someone who's good with cables ;).
The former (italian) owner removed the old radio italian style - he simply cut all cables.

Yeah, something that looks not too fancy for as low as much will do. Just need to find someone who can put some plugs back on the bunch of cables left there by the italian pre-owner ;).

And here we have the reason why this car hasn't burned down yet: One vital electrical component missing. You should buy your mum a fire extinguisher too thomas when you install a radio :D

Leave that bmw thing behind and bring Alfa with new wheels to the meet!

The BMW has new wheels too! :D Somehow the 15s from the alfa did look much bigger before mounted on the car and parked next to the BMW Oo.

Also it shows how massive the 1 seems to be. Keep in mind: The alfa is 1cm longer than the 1. The 1 is just 3cm wider. But overall the 1 looks like a massive chunk of steel. Well, there is some weight-difference of ~250kg between both too.

Last edited:
Sweet car! :)

You need new Alfa logos now. Also, get rid of the plate holders, just screw them to the bumpers.

So a little update on the Alfa I rarely ever drive (my biggest issue is actually that the seats are too high. well, was.).

This morning my dear mom thought it was a great idea to fight for her lane - with a TRUCK! :blink:

I haven't seen the car yet, only got her words and those pics. I'm not sure if I get to see it someday this week, but I sure will on the weekend.

What I know:
- She told me it still drives straight and doesn't pull to either side
- except for the plastic rubbing on the wheel (inner wheel house), it doesn't make any noises.
- lights seem all to work, well, except for the fogs <_<
- frontbumper is still there (well, in the car for now), it got ripped off in one bit and seems intact, most likely except for every single mount
- right fender.. well.. just beyond gone.. hopefully there is plenty of nothing underneath it, so nothing major is damaged (already checked on some sample-pics, thanks to MacGeek)
- right indicator glass unknown
- hood apparently slightly bent upwards

Oh and that small thing on the front left... she told me that happened "the other day" and she was "about to tell me" ... :blink:. That is also the reason why this indicator-glass is missing (she has that one at least).

What really pisses me off is the fact that we spent some money in November getting rust removed and it T?Ved for 2 years to come, and if that thing is beyond gone now (front frame warped), all thats left is about 100? scrap-value, because selling a car like that in that condition is close to impossible.

You could put it back together and sell it to Loose_Unit. I hear he needs a cheap car with lots of T?V left.

Already looking at ebay for fender, front and mayybe hood... but next thing to do is to try and get the fender off and see what the frame is looking like.

Oh and I forgot the worst bit: The truck claims she cut him (which she denies), so it'll most likely end with splitting the damage, or in other words: we pay it or we scrap it.

Frame cannot be bent. The hit doesn't seem to be deep enough to distort the crash structure and monocoque. Salvaged bodywork (dime a dozen, these cars are sadly dying away, plenty of scrappers) and some hammers and she's sorted.