I can't decide what to do with my bikes, so let's shitpost about it for a bit

Should I keep the XSR, FJ, both, or neither?

• Keep the XSR, sell the FJ (current plan)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell both, quit riding, give up on life

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

altoid

I donated for the custom title. Suck it.
Car(s)
‘14 Mazderp3, ‘22 Checkpoint SL 5
I’m genuinely not sure what to do about my moto fleet. The FJ and XSR both have lots of pros and a few cons, and they overlap quite a bit.

The FJ is significantly more comfortable and utilitarian, as well as noticeably more powerful. But it’s quite wide in city traffic, the windscreen blocks cool air in the summer, and it makes lackluster noise. I got it for its road trip awesomeness more than any other reason, and I haven’t taken it on one since May.

The XSR looks cool, sounds great, and is extremely maneuverable in the city. But it’s a bit uncomfortable and underpowered. I first got it as an immense upgrade from the Ninja and with commuting high on the priority list, and again in a desire to downsize since I don’t get out of the city much.

The biggest issue with deciding is that I haven’t had any consistent riding needs for about a year now. I don’t commute or go to a lot of nearby things since we’re still in a pandemic, and I don’t really go on solo trips any more either. I’m left with having to figure out what I want without much of a brief, and I like both of these bikes in their own ways.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Looks at garage)

I am not the right person to ask...

Which one do you drive more and enjoy?

I think I figured it out: I’ll list both bikes for sale, and when one sells I’ll keep the other.

LeT tHe MaRkEt DeCiDe! 😂

Serious answer: sell both and get something else.
If you have trouble deciding, I feel like you don't love either of those, so if you're gonna keep just one, own something that absolutely makes your leather pants tighten when you see it at the garage.

(Looks at garage)

I am not the right person to ask...

Yeah, I’m trying not to do that just yet…

What he said, but with another meaning. :p

I think you’ll be happy with the outcome, then!

Serious answer: sell both and get something else.
If you have trouble deciding, I feel like you don't love either of those, so if you're gonna keep just one, own something that absolutely makes your leather pants tighten when you see it at the garage.

I see your point, and I think it’s quite valid. If I truly lusted after anything (I can afford), I’d be doing that. And I still might at any time, in fact! But for now practicality strongly suggests I pick one of these two.

Now, there are updates in the XSR and FJ threads, but the short version is that I’m selling the XSR and keeping the FJ.

Thanks for humoring me, fellow shitposters! :heart: