Is the black Stig back?

black stig

black stig

Black stig will, according to Andy Wileman, never be back simply because he blew his cover and that's why he was sent off the carrier. The source is an old James May article on the newspaper site where he writes his weekly columns.

ORLYBush.jpg

^owned :D (had to say it)
And yeah, a) this doesn't mean that the black stig is back and b ) a statement like that is never gonna stop them

and it's spelt "Wilman" :)

Some say he's amphibious, and that we all live in a black submarine.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I read somewhere that there was a recent interview which stated that there would a returning character who would change the format so that it would never be the same again.

Now since Stiggy has been "outed", my theory is that in the last episode, Black Stig will return in the same way White Stig was "exposed" to mirror the revelation. A little bit like this:

Jeremy: It did it in 1.15.6 (or whatever time).

(The doors of the studio open.)

Jeremy: Hold on, the doors are opening.
James: What, again?
Jeremy: Oh no, not again.
Richard: Is this another big "reveal" of the Stig?
Jeremy: No, wait! D'you know what? I think I know what it is.
Richard: What?
Jeremy: I think it is A Stig, but not THE Stig.
James: How d'you mean?
Jeremy: I think...that that's the original Stig.
Richard: What, the Black Stig?
Jeremy: Yeah, because if you remember quite a few series back, the original Stig drove a Jaguar XJS off of the HMS Invincible, and we all thought he was dead. All that remained of him was a black glove, which we (rather conveniently) have here...here it is, still intact. But earlier on this year, someone uploaded a clip to YouTube that showed Black Stig somehow survived and washed up on a beach. Well, if it is him, show us your hand!

(Black Stig shows us the gloveless hand.)

Jeremy: It is Black Stig!

(The audience goes wild.)

Richard: Hang on, hang on a sec, because we can't possibly have two Stigs, I mean...

(White Stig barges through the crowd.)

James: Oh, hang on...

(White Stig's helmet touches Black Stig's helmet. They are, quite literally, at loggerheads.)

Jeremy: Well, apparently, an ultimatum was set. Y'see, if the Stigs had a race and Black Stig won, White Stig would have to reveal his true identity, which may or may not be a certain racing driver, and he would disappear forever. And if White Stig won, Black Stig would do the same thing - reveal himself, vanish of his own accord, never to be seen again.
James: Well, that's a bit unfair, isn't it? I mean, Blackey...
Richard: James! Don't say that, and don't even think of saying Whitey either!
James: Sorry, but I mean, Black Stig can't just disappear all over again! That's just cruel!
Jeremy: Well, according to the Stigs, them's the rules, James, so with that in mind, it's time for the ultimate race...a Stig-off!

Then there would be a race between, let's say, two Bugatti Veyrons - one black, one white. All is tense until...

...the race ends in a draw. And everyone is gobsmacked.

Jeremy: I can't believe this. That's an absolute dead heat.
James: It is unbelievable.
Richard: So, what do we do? We can't reveal either Stig now, can we?
Jeremy: No, you're right, we can't. Which means only one thing - we'll have to keep them both.
James: What?
Richard: Really? Two Stigs in the same place at the same time?
Jeremy: Yep! That's gonna make for tense television come series 14! And on that gigantic bombshell, it's time to end the show and the series. We'll see you again in the autumn, take care, goodnight!

How's that for quality television!

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
And that's what I call a nice story. :D
you do have it well thought though.

do you write for top gear or something? haha id believe that was a script for them!

Whoever made this has really thought about it. I'm guessing it's pretty recent and inspired by all the recent press

I dunno about that, actually. I saw this months ago; I'm a little surprised you guys didn't. I didn't post it because I didn't belong to the forums then. Figured it would have shown up somewhere by the time I got here.

It might have been inspired by the Ben Collins news, but it certainly didn't have anything to do with Schumacher.

mmh, i believe the white stig would win. Didn't they said in the beginning when the white stig did his powerlap, that he was damn fast, even faster than the black stig?

mmh, i believe the white stig would win. Didn't they said in the beginning when the white stig did his powerlap, that he was damn fast, even faster than the black stig?

Ah, but Black Stig has had 10 series to improve himself with that Jaguar underwater. Some say that he once defeated a shark by running over it, and that after years of struggle, he became a verified sea God...

Last edited:
Ah, but Black Stig has had 10 series to improve himself with that Jaguar underwater. Some say that he once defeated a shark by running over it, and that after years of struggle, he became a verified sea God...

In that case he should turn up in a Maserati........

f9fa46380bf92ab8

White against black? I think the whole PC-don't-discuss-race mentality might make that a bit circumspect. Also, a Top Gear segment containing the words 'white' 'black and 'race' might not get passed... :p

No doubt The Daily Mail will be all over them the next morning with references to "shocking" and "distasteful" Michael Jackson jokes...