Lincoln MKR Concept officially revealed

The middle bit's okay - but dear god, what were they thinking with those grilles & the enormous butt??

I thought it was odd looking from the front.

Now that I see the whole thing, it looks rediculous. Then again, it grabs your attention, which is what a concept is supposed to do anyway.

I like it. I reminds me of some of the over-the-top American cars of the 40's 50's and 60's that are so sought after today. It's big and has a giant grill, much in the same why old Cadillac's did. I really do like it. It's outside the box.

At least it's not a bangle.

I think the best part is that you could drive it around screaming "LOOK AT ME! I'M DRIVING A MAD-LOOKING CAR! AND IT'S A LINCOLN, FOR GOD'S SAKE!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

I mean, it's pretty cool to see a radically-styled concept from a usually rather conservative marque.

I'm sure the engine is great, but I do wish it had a v8. When I think big American car I think v8.

The grille is very striking, but it flows into the headlights really well. A neat design point. The engine block looks fantastic...although what normal car actually has that?

The wood dash and the intruments are fantastic, seamless integration of the wood and the sat-nav is a great design choice. The intruments remind me of the Saab Aero concept, and I though they were really spectacular.

Wow, 2 Fords in a row that I reallly like.

I'm sure the engine is great, but I do wish it had a v8. When I think big American car I think v8.

Don't worry, when it goes into production it'll get FWD and a 2.3 Liter 4 cylinder. :lol: Perhaps down the line you'll get the AWD option which comes standard with 235hp n/a V6.

The front end looks like my electric shaver, but it's a bit better than the current Lincoln breed that look just like the old Lincolns with a nasty chrome grill. At least this one looks like they had a sense of purpose in the design instead of the slap-dash styling of the current line.

The interior is nice an minimalist, but I'm sure Ford will be too scared to go to production with something that edgy and cool. Pity, because it's just what they need.

http://img153.imageshack.**/img153/3417/bigtoothdoghb9.jpg

The Grille. That's horrid.

The rear. It reminds me of a boat.

The C-pillar. Blindspot, anyone?

Heres a video showing off some of its neat features and close-ups of the wicked interior lighting and dash

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kA1BtFqDvk&eurl=[/YOUTUBE]

Heres a video showing off some of its neat features and close-ups of the wicked interior lighting and dash

The lights should all come on at once...when they come on one by one, it looks like when a grocery store turns on their lights and the banks of flourecent tubes flicker in.

I appreciate how the doors upen upwards just a little bit...my doors get scraped on high curbs sometimes...but I'm glad they are not lambo/gullwing doors...which means there's a chance it could see production, since it's subtle...

That car is beautiful. They should make this instead of that ridiculous Lincoln MKZ.

It just dawned on me why it's got that big shiny front end. It's so that a rapper's grille will match his grill. :banana:

I made a funny!

Im really liking the wooden buttons on the dash

Too bad non of those options will make it if it goes to production. But the roof is amazing. Looks soo cool.

Things I like:
The ambient interior illumination
The use of real wood
The glass roof
The seats look really comfy
The engine compartment absolutely SCREAMS Chip Foose design

Things I don't like:
Bright blue displays make night driving difficult
All those servo motors are just more shit to go wrong, and let's face it, this is a Ford product
Head lights look all squinty compared to the size of the car and the imposing front end.
Tail lights are silly looking, very early 1990's

I know it's a concept, but some of these things could make it into future products, so it's worth commenting on them.