Mass Effect 3

The thing is, given how powerful the Reapers are (a single one took down the Destiny Ascension and half the Council's fleets), and given that there are literally hundreds of Reapers as powerful as that single Reaper on the way, I don't see how the good guys could win without using some sort of superweapon.

This is particularly true if the trailer is accurate, the Reapers reach during ME3 Earth, and start unleashing husks and presumably turning Earth's population into more husks. Zombie outbreak much?

Was the fleet even able to take down that reaper? I was under the impression that Sheppard defeating Sovereign in that 1 on 1 (or 1 on 3) had a lot to do with the fact Sovereign went down, that and Joker's move. However we look at it there are 2 key elements to the way the final battle will commence :
1. The Reapers were made to look far too powerful for the races in the galaxy to confront, so some kind of super-weapon/plot twist will have to occur in order to give them a fighting chance.
2. Sheppard needs to be a big part of the battle (for the sake of gameplay and such) Just like he was at the end of ME1.

Keeping these 2 elements in mind I truly hope they can produce a proper ending to what has so far been an epic saga.

Was the fleet even able to take down that reaper? I was under the impression that Sheppard defeating Sovereign in that 1 on 1 (or 1 on 3) had a lot to do with the fact Sovereign went down, that and Joker's move.

Just the Citadel fleet would not normally be enough, and they'd have had to call in reinforcements. BUT! When Shepard took control of the Citadel away from Sovereign and defeated Saren, an unspecified reaction shut down Sovereign's shields, allowing the combined fleets to kill it. If it hadn't been for the drop in shields, Sovereign could have probably annihilated every ship around it.

Can we add to the title of the thread something like **SPOILER ALERT** and keep discussing this in visible text? :p

spoilers aren't the same as conjecture
and I never got the point of spoiler tags without saying what you're "spoiling"

If you haven't played the prior games that have been out for quite a while then you read a thread like this at your own risk, spoiler tags not needed. :x

Hmm, surely the geth are going to have to play a part in crippling the reapers, nobody hacks sythetics better than synthetics.

Hmm, surely the geth are going to have to play a part in crippling the reapers, nobody hacks synthetics better than synthetics.

the Geth need to be wiped out. I'm with the Quarians on this one, and not because i took a tin can opener to Tali. The Geth don't really have that many redeeming features and i never personally grew to like Legion. He was the only character to die on my suicide mission. Damn useless tin head was more trouble than he was worth.

Wiping out the geth is easier said than done, and with a whole god damned fleet of reapers on the way they aren't exactly a priority.

Wiping out the geth is easier said than done, and with a whole god damned fleet of reapers on the way they aren't exactly a priority.

Shepard is the future Chuck Norris, he merely has to look at the Geth and they will shut themselves down out of fear.

the Geth need to be wiped out. I'm with the Quarians on this one, and not because i took a tin can opener to Tali. The Geth don't really have that many redeeming features and i never personally grew to like Legion. He was the only character to die on my suicide mission. Damn useless tin head was more trouble than he was worth.

Aw, Legion was one of my favorite characters! All his talk about understanding organics' irrational behaviour was subtly funny.
Personally, I would love to command a geth army against the Reapers. And travel to their Dyson sphere, just to see what it's like.

I like the geth. Artificially created or not, they're now sentient beings, and no deserving of genocide than any other species.

Plus, they look cool.

And Tali is overrated. There's nothing less sexy than a woman who is telling you she's loading up on antibiotics so you two can make out.

Aren't the reapers ancient as hell? Would that not be a little inconvenience when trying to hack their systems? Who can hack something written in a language they've never seen? (and I mean actual characters they never seen, not a programming language)

Aren't the reapers ancient as hell? Would that not be a little inconvenience when trying to hack their systems? Who can hack something written in a language they've never seen? (and I mean actual characters they never seen, not a programming language)

You mean, besides Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day?

Dear god don't go the deus ex machina route for the ending. That would be the worst copout ever. I want to see giant (think ME1 ending x 100) space battles with all the races vs. Reapers.

So is anyone else doing another playthrough just to have the perfect character ready to import into ME3?

I've come to terms with the fact that femShep's voice acting is about a hundred times better than the male Shepard, but I've never played all the way through the first two with a female character. So I'm starting that now, playing as a vanguard in ME1 and a sentinel in ME2.

Hopefully ME3 will let you choose a new class for an imported character just like ME2 did...I like to do my first playthrough as an infiltrator.

Dear god don't go the deus ex machina route for the ending. That would be the worst copout ever. I want to see giant (think ME1 ending x 100) space battles with all the races vs. Reapers.

I don't think that every single spaceship every single race has could take out a dozen Reapers, not to mention a hundred Reapers, considering what one Reaper did to the human and Asari fleets in ME1.

So is anyone else doing another playthrough just to have the perfect character ready to import into ME3?

Not the perfect character, per se, but I've got my third Shepard going because my previous two were mostly good.

So I'll have my ?berParagon Shepard, my Shepard that's good to crewmates and a bitch to everyone else, and my Shepard that's just a bitch no matter who she's talking to.

You mean, besides Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day?

Yes, it was exactly that which I was thinking about. Huge amount of horse droppings, there.

About my character, I'll use the same one I beat ME1 and 2 with, he looks like an idiot honestly. If there's a chance to reconstruct his face, I will, at least a little bit. I think I just edited him in frontal view in ME1, then didn't realize you could rotate his face, and therefor I missed the fact he had huge cheekbones and chin...

I'll go back to sniping, though. It's the only chance you get to fire 'first person shooter'-like. Honestly I don't see why can't we choose from a 3rd person and 1st person perspectives. I prefer 1st person, by far far far and away...

Relevant: BioWare co-founders to be inducted in the AIAS Hall of Fame.

I'll go back to sniping, though. It's the only chance you get to fire 'first person shooter'-like. Honestly I don't see why can't we choose from a 3rd person and 1st person perspectives. I prefer 1st person, by far far far and away...

It wasn't meant to be a first-person shooter. It's an action-rpg. I'm not going to argue against the option for either/or, but when hardly anyone is complaining about it, it won't be high on BioWare's priority list.

I've honestly made an effort to try to get back into ME1, but after playing through ME2 I just can't bring myself to put up with ME1's inferior gameplay, sidequests, inventory system, and general bloat for more than a few hours in. Altho I might just turn on some cheats/turn down the difficulty, blast through the main quest, and call it a day.

I've honestly made an effort to try to get back into ME1, but after playing through ME2 I just can't bring myself to put up with ME1's inferior gameplay, sidequests, inventory system, and general bloat for more than a few hours in. Altho I might just turn on some cheats/turn down the difficulty, blast through the main quest, and call it a day.

I know what you mean, but at the same time, I'm really enjoying my playthrough of ME1 again. ME2 put gameplay first and foremost, but sometimes to the detriment of atmosphere. It often feels like the universe is nothing more than a bunch of shooting galleries strung together (to borrow a criticism from Zero Punctuation). ME1 put atmosphere first and foremost, sometimes to the detriment of gameplay. Yes, the Mako scenes took too long, but you really feel like you're exploring alien worlds. Running from one location to another in the Citadel takes forever, but it actually feels like a frickin' city floating in outer space instead of a small office building. Same with the elevators everywhere--the universe just has a grand, immense feel that the ME2 universe lacks.

When I want some escapism and to just lose myself in another world, I play ME1. When I want some exciting gun battles, I play ME2. I'm really hoping ME3 is able to take the best of each.