MLB '09 Regular Season Thread

You guys haven't watched these guys play the last 10 games. It's been absolutely putrid. Not hitting with RISP, not hitting at all some games, starters walking way too many, bullpen blowing leads after good outings from starters, bad defense, terrible coaching decisions, and a whole glut of other crap. I really wanted to disagree with people that said this team was overachieving at the beginning of the season, but guess what? They are. They have no business being where they are right now.

Tonight I was reminded why I love the genius that is Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson. He dropped this brilliant quote about Vlad Guerrero, about his recently torn pectoral muscle:

"Its amazing he hasn't torn his sphincter with the way he swings"

Koenig, you're 27-23 and 2 games out of 1st in the AL East heading into June.... get off the ledge.

No kidding. Your team has a winning record in May, just barely out of 1st, and you quit on them? Sheesh :lol:

Last edited:
Tonight I was reminded why I love the genius that is Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson. He dropped this brilliant quote about Vlad Guerrero, about his recently torn pectoral muscle:

"Its amazing he hasn't torn his sphincter with the way he swings"

:lmao:

I'm sorry to break the news to Whappeh but according to this statistician the White Sox have only a 4.3% chance of the making the playoffs. It's of some interest to check it out, although I seem to be more interested in stats than most people.:D

I have 2 thoughts on that:

Statisticians can go suck my jank.
At least we aren't the Nationals.

Don't want to shit on you teletubby, but I need the dodgers to do amazing tonight.

2921r9k.gif

6 game suspension, but my Big Z gif collection grows. Had it been Angel Hernandez, it would have been worth it.

Cubs/Dodgers now. :D

I have to say Big-Z is one of my favorite non Red Sox baseball players, I just love the fire he brings to the mound and game in general. I love the time he broke the bat over his leg, do you have a gif of that Teletubby?

Cubs tie up the series today. Lilly steps up once again, but we need to score more runs.

You missed the best part: the bat to the gatorade machine was epic :D
http://img16.imageshack.**/img16/824/10hssrc.jpg
:D

I have to say Big-Z is one of my favorite non Red Sox baseball players, I just love the fire he brings to the mound and game in general.
It's funny you say that because, as much as I love the guy, it seems to actually work against him more times than not.

I love the time he broke the bat over his leg, do you have a gif of that Teletubby?
Afraid not, will this do? :p

http://img32.imageshack.**/img32/5541/sdfgfgfd.gif

^ You know, speaking of Zambrano, does anybody else have favorite players on other teams? If I had to pick 3 it would be 1.Pujols 2. Zambrano 3. Chipper Jones

Last edited:
http://img33.imageshack.**/img33/6803/wins.gif

Now, that's the kind of game you want to see every day. A win tomorrow and 3/4 from one of the hottest teams in the league would be a nice way to end the weekend. :)

I am totally digging the throwbacks the Sox are wearing today. I had no idea they were wearing them.

I know it's not MLB but Texas and Boston College are currently in the 23rd inning.....wow

edit: going to the 24th now the longest game in NCAA history.
edit2: Texas ended up winning in the 25th.

Last edited: