MX5/Miata Thread

MX5/Miata Thread

• Total voters
Well, I do. All along it's been my only car, so I've never thrashed it too much. I'll drive it like mad at the Adelaide Hills this weekend and see if that influences my decision about the Miata... On the other hand, I'm always afraid of cops so never dared to drive it too hard.

I wouldn't put that much faith on the SA cops looking at it that way...

Last edited:
Well, I bought a Miata today, finally.

She's a 2004 manual sport in black with 112k miles on the clock. Needs a bit of love, but not too much.

Major thanks to thedguy for coming with me.

My car has decided to shed some weight all on its own.
I had my NB up on blocks to replace a sticking brake caliper and I decided to do an underside inspection. The only badly rusted part was my exhaust shield. I was actually able to remove the section over the cat with no trouble, it was just sitting on the cat.

Sad part is, I read up to page 9 and I have my EC01-67-50YA Mazda Tribute nozzles on order. :james:

I am now glad that I did not preemptively service my non-functioning washer nozzles!

Happy anniversary, Mazda Miata. Here's to another 25 years.

Fun fact: did you know that Autoweek (in a roundabout way) invented the Mazda Miata? Us West Coast editors are pretty great at this sort of thing.

This is actually one reason why I like Mazda so much.

A 12-page thread on windshield wiper nozzles. I love Miatas.

To be fair, the stock wiper nozzles suck.

I love how so many people jumped on board with this and were "OMG this is my next MOD!"

I actually regret not having my nozzles removed and filled before paint. I want something that I can make work from the base of the windshield and hidden under the hood.

Last edited:
A 12-page thread on windshield wiper nozzles. I love Miatas.

To be fair, the stock wiper nozzles suck.

I got Ford Escape nozzels since there was a dealer on Focaljet who offered a significant discount. They spray a lot better than the stock nozzels, a must have mod.

Each one of my nozzles shoots out 3 large streams. Is nozzle suckage just a Mazda thing?

Also, my windshield gets wet when I go through the corkscrew. #NegativeG

OK, I need two things: license plate relocator and floor mats.

For the former, I'm leaning towards the Garage Star one, since it involves no drilling.

For the latter, I'm not sure. OEM? Cheap rubber? Fancy rubber? Plush? Something else?

I discovered this morning the button for fog lights...which reminded me that I actually have fog lights. :lol: Nearly four weeks of ownership...