my friend's house got broken into

LeVeL

Forum Addict
http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/...n_a_phone_stolen_from_me_a/?sort=old&all=true

A bit of back story, house was broken into in the middle of the day about $7000 of electronics and the like were stolen among them was my Nokia N97 cell phone. This phone was linked to my flickr account so you can upload with just the push of a button, I was checking my account this morning and this wonderful pic popped up from my stolen phone. Now i'm trying to figure out how I can identify the person, possibly the same pic was posted to their facebook or something? The pic! http://www.flickr.com/photos/36753659@N00/4582568707/

update So we very quickly discovered both her my space and the guy Kajhons, thanks to Sentry07. The photo has received 10,500 views according to flickr so the word is definitely out there. I have an email in with Flickr to get the IP addy the photo was posted from which may or may not help. Police have yet to call me back after the message I left yesterday but I will give them a call a bit later. Thanks to everyone for their help so far!

They stole a whole bunch of stuff Macbook Pro, Numark NS7s, my Denon headphones, bunch of camera lenses along with the backpack they were in (which the phone that triggered this whole event happened to be in.) shotgun, watch and some other misc stuff. They were in and out in less than an hour, as I work across the street from my house it was quite a gutsey move. They kicked in my back door to the outside, as only one lock was locked than they pried the deadbolt out of the hallway door from the outside than kicked that one in also. I am shocked how much has developed of this now maybe the detective on the case will call me back!

:blink:

Hope the bastards get caught. Sounds like they're pretty on top of it though.

I've been pretty lucky as far as break-ins go. At one of my previous apartments, I moved my $1600 electronic drumkit over to my girlfriend's house. Within the next couple of days, our apartment was broken into (or maybe one of my dumbass roommates left the door open...) and our Wii and Xbox elite were stolen. At my next house, my next door neighbors were robbed at gunpoint at 10 in the morning while I was in my house. Scary stuff.

Wow that sucks, sucks bad!
I know the feeling of having stuff being stolen, it hurts and not just because that it was your property, something you cherished and worked hard to get, but also because of the feeling of violation.

If you change the position of one letter in her nickname *..{ KiEa }..* you have IKEA. I guess this is why she needed stuff to redecorate.

LeVeL

Well your property made her happy! Now the chances are that the perp lives within a few miles of you house most burglars steal in their own neighbourhood - sometimes from their own friends (I kid you not). There has been some work done on profiling in the UK which I think your FBI took on and made American, that should narrow down where the perp is likely to live if your Police have a rash of these (Usually) after one or two successful raids the perp goes on and on until caught.

Good luck - are you fully insured? You Insurance Company will need to see receipts and/or possibly the manuals for items where a computer manual was not provided if the kit was older - evidence of the loss. It should be on the list issued to the Police too.

Cobol - thanks but it was my friend's house that was robbed, not mine. It probably was someone from the neighborhood since he lives in a bad area of Providence. I think he has insurance and I know the police are involved. He now knows the IP address from which the photo was uploaded so hopefully that will lead somewhere.

Depends if the Police can be bothered - he needs to make them "bothered". Keep on their case - its one of the Brits biggest bug bears that the Police will chase fines from speed cameras but do bugger all about what concerns the public really which is breaking and entering type thefts.