N?rburgring Cocomeet - Aug. 27-30 - (THIS WEEKEND ZOMG YOU GUYS)

Is the Nordschleife completely separate?
Yes and no. It's a seperate track, but can be combined with the GP track by opening two short stretches of track between the two. It won't be this weekend, though.

Maybe I'll have to see how the Cactus drives? Haha.
Seriously: Do not take your rental car on the track. The terms and conditions of your rental contract might just sting you even if you don't have an accident.

ZOMG IF THE 'RING-'RING IS OPEN, I MUST GO ON IT

Does anyone rent cheapo ringtools to older twenty-somethings?
At 29 you shouldn't have any problems getting a car at one of the specialized rent-a-ringtool companies around the Ring, but looking at your work schedule and the Ring opening times, I call that a waste of money, unfortunately.

It's official: Thursday is coco's day off.
The Ring is open for tourist drives from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on Thursday. Maybe you can get some passenger laps out of being an American car journalist then...

ZOMG! Food! Food. Food. Where should I food?
MWF provided a few hints. Apart from that, you can drive to Adenau (15 minutes from the Ring) for an assortment of Restaurants. As the town is basically just the main street, everything is easy to find.

Find ways for coco to amuse herself on Thursday while things are slow, man.
Well, close around the Ring there isn't much to do besides looking at cars, be they moving or standing still.

Also: If you can manage to finish your Saturday schedule sooner by not staying for the whole of the last event, we could meet up in time for visiting the Nordscheife properly (if it isn't closed due to accidents).

Seriously: Do not take your rental car on the track. The terms and conditions of your rental contract might just sting you even if you don't have an accident.

Adding to this, there are plenty of photographers around during tourist farts, capturing your every move. Rumour has it some will sell you out to the rental car companies / insurances as well.

I will be there friday to saturday. Mainly to watch the WEC but perhaps will take the toyobaru round the Nordschleife if it?s not too full... But I will be there with lots of my coworkers so I?m not sure if I will have any reasonable amount of time to hang out with finalgearians...

edit: there is also no red 919 for anyone to lick unfortunately. They are all back to white.

Last edited:
Red 919 seems to be on show car duty now.

Saturday evening seems like a good, possible cocomeet, then?

Also, totes down for skipping over for the world's slowest Nordschleife attempt, but I don't really wanna try that one alone.

I asked Citro?n about, ahem, one-way toll roads and got "nah, nah, do whatever" as a response, haha. I wonder if everyone just assumes press fleets will go on the 'ring here.

So far, ZOMG THE ROADS ARE GREAT AND EVERYONE IS NICE AND STUFF IS GORGEOUS AND I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE

mb8wWbB.jpg

Picture curtesy of public.
Ah, the finest of German hobo cuisine. It is to be eaten once, then never again. It is literally worse meat that goes into hot dogs, covered in cheap lidl-brand ketchup and sprinked with what they say is curry powder. It isn't.

This might be true, but must be eaten as a part of the whole Ring experience. :p

Newsflush: Coco is going for all the best tourist highlights this country has to offer:
Speaking of poo, German toilets are great. Minimal water, maximum flush. Two flush modes for #1 and #2. Has a seat. Approved.
(Source: Twitter)

Hokay, so let's plan on Saturday? I want ridiculously good German food.

I did Pistenklause last night and oh my gosh, I could hear Allan McNish behind me (!!!!) as I was eating a giant chunk of hot meat. No, really. I love this place and am not sure I want to leave. Can I ask that the return flight money be spent on a Euro-spec 944?

Now, though, I really just want sausage or schnitzel or sauerkraut or some combination of all of that in my coco-mouth.

Legends are neat, but I can probably peace out of the track stuff by 7 PM or so. [edited: j/k, picking Totota's brains' brains at 5:45]

Saturday evening cocomeet, who's possibly in? DanRoM, eizbaer, maybe Ford Prefect? Anyone else?

Thomasssss. You should drop over even if it's just to say hi and hug a 'lump. The 'ring is en route, no?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I dropped by, but they weren't open. Womp womp.

View attachment 16528

Last edited:
Good to see I'm not the only one having trouble with attachments. :lol:

As far as currywurst goes, I think the curry ketchup is ridiculous but I have to have it at least once just to remind myself how funny it is. Currywurst fans should try UK chip shop curry. :D

That's a must. Chips, mushy peas and curry sauce should be a compulsory part of the Ukanian Roadtrip next year.

634494076_33a22ab847_b.jpg

Preferably somewhere in the North with terraced houses and an accent so thick you could slice it, if only to watch the confused looks spread across the faces of several Finns and Germans! :lol:

Curry ketchup should be the ONLY ketchup. It's a definite improvement, yo.

There is also a Currywurst energy drink....

And before you ask it really is :barf:

energydrink_currywurststyle_dose.jpg

I'd come around Saturday afternoon :)

Me too. Beni, when will you be there? I think we should plan to meet up with coco at the Nordschleife entrance at around 5pm.

Also, coco: have a look at your PMs. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I can be there by five, possibly even earlier.