Need For Speed 11 - ProStreet

Yeah, what it needs is the city, but it would LAG badly...

Tryed the game. It's Horrible. I cant play it on X360 controller - wierd sensivity. I cant play it on MOMO wheel - FFB is wierd. (after 50% of a turn - there's no force). Plus game is boring.... Only Drag is pretty good.

I really don't understand the public reaction towards Pro Street. Imo it's the best looking NFS ever, it's real next gen, easy better than any racing game available.

I'd love to drive around virtual city, but as i said it would probably lag badly, espec. on 360 & ps3, so they did separate racetracks, which is fine, cause it's been that way since NFS1 to NFS HP2.

There are about 100 different cars to chose from, which is about twice as much as in each of 4 previous NFS games. All the game mods now make sence, you can't simply get 100.000.000 points in drag buy holding gas & steering left & right, it takes a some effort now, so does overtaking & cornering. Although there are no city autobans to race on, the sence of speed is still there.

Now, when EA added the real(realish) aerodynamics i just can't see a single thing wrong with this game. Car damage in a Huge crash doesn't look very real (when your car is flying & bits just fall off), but it's an arcade racing game, not Flatout. Small damage on the cars looks very realistic, front & rear bumpers, boot, sideskirts all great.

This is the 1st NFS in 5 years with real controlling. You can't just keep you foot on the gas all the time & make every corner by bumping into the wall a couple of times, during the corner, understeer is building up & car's aerodynamic set up really affect slow & fast cornering stability (i checked). Also i tried putting 750hp in a corvette with no handling mods, it could never even finish a drag race, always ended up spinning, so upgrades really matter.

It's also the 1st NFS with real car set-up, like Gear ratios etc, which, used properly can improve 1/4 mile by up to two seconds. Also computer AI is a bit better, not even close to Toca Race Driver AI, but good enough for an arcade.

I know a lot of players are experiencing problems with controll lag, game shuttering etc, but that will be patched.

I seriously don't get, why ppl don't like it. I get, that to really enjoy the looks & effects you need a decent PC with a good processor & 8800 GeForce card, but that's the same with every single new game.

P.S. I only ever played NFS Pro Street on KING difficulty, so i can't comment on "how noobish it is" on lower difficulty levels.

Last edited:
^NFSU2 was way better on the car tuning thing.. And a question: Am I stupid or can't I test the car when i'm "tuning" it?

Tryed the game. It's Horrible. I cant play it on X360 controller - wierd sensivity. I cant play it on MOMO wheel - FFB is wierd. (after 50% of a turn - there's no force). Plus game is boring.... Only Drag is pretty good.

Yeah, it doesn't feel quite right on the PC with the 360 Controller for some reason, compared to other racing games I've played. You're right, the sensitivity is weird or something.

Yeah, it doesn't feel quite right on the PC with the 360 Controller for some reason, compared to other racing games I've played. You're right, the sensitivity is weird or something.

Seems like I might be in for a disappointment once the other 70% of my torrent completes... if only there were some decent seeders.... and if only comcast didn't throttle my bittorrent traffic...

I really don't understand the public reaction towards Pro Street. Imo it's the best looking NFS ever, it's real next gen, easy better than any racing game available.

It's also the 1st NFS with real car set-up, like Gear ratios etc, which, used properly can improve 1/4 mile by up to two seconds. Also computer AI is a bit better, not even close to Toca Race Driver AI, but good enough for an arcade.

I seriously don't get, why ppl don't like it. I get, that to really enjoy the looks & effects you need a decent PC with a good processor & 8800 GeForce card, but that's the same with every single new game.

P.S. I only ever played NFS Pro Street on KING difficulty, so i can't comment on "how noobish it is" on lower difficulty levels.

i've got two questions for you:
a) have you played the demo prior to the game?
b) how does/did the demo compare to the 'finished' game?

while i've stated before what i think of the demo, i might still be inclined to actually try the game. somehow sometimes i do stupid things despite knowing better - like renting games i know will suck ;)
anyway, according to what was available in the demo and all it's setting maxed at 1600x1200 i'm going to get +40ish framerates with the game, so the rig can't be too bad (yet) unless they crammed some dx10 / vista goodness in it, which i will be missing out on then.
other than that, the scenery (according to the demo) indeed looked good, so did the cars, but technically there wasn't an improvement that you could see since carbon. and no the smoke as seen in the demo was no improvement, but rather a step back (in my opinion anyway, besides i'm a graphics whore). this would also make me have you define next gen. if it isn't dx10 it isn't nextgen. and from what i saw it wasn't next gen by a long shot.

gear ratios? like setting up stuff as in rbr or just like your underground 2 type stuff - if the latter, it's nfs biz as usual. besides i somehow doubt your claim that this is the *first* nfs with proper gear setup. consider nfs 5 porsche unleashed to be the first - if a long time ago - but i somehow doubt that ps is going to rival that or come close to it - yet i am open to be surprised (even if it doesn't sound like this reading my posts ;) )

gotta stop here. so far i've seen 2 guys who really like it vs. about a hundred who don't really. oh and that announcer fella is still in it i hear. OH MY GOD. the 'urban' underground speaks up yo. barf.

I played the demo prior to the game, on the same King difficulty, 1600-1200, 8AA, all max, it runs very good, 40+ fps easily, same thing with the full version.

GFX is not the same as Carbon, it's miles better, you just forgot how carbon looks like.

Just acquired the PC version and played it for a bit. It's just like Carbon except they moved it on the track. The grip handling is basically the same as carbon, except a little bit more understeer under braking, that's about it. The drag race is pretty fun, mainly because of the burn out though, I only hit max grip one time so far. But getting perfect launch and perfect shifts are easy. The drift handling is a lot different than Carbon, but it's still not realistic, it's a different kind of fake. The car has tons of lateral grip, it's like you're drifting a train. Overall it's not too bad, the graphics is improved from Carbon. I'll give it a 7/10.

^ :lmao:

YAY! Im the Dorifto Kingu! :) :)

This shit still isn't out for pal 360s... Damn...

K, so after an hour of graphics and clock tweaking I can firmly say that I'm getting terrible graphics and control lag issues.
I can run CMR Dirt at a constant 20fps+ at 1680x1050 and my controls work just fine.

EA better get a patch out in the next few days...

I think my drag problem may be related to only using a keyboard which seems a bit silly as I did fine in previous games...

Oh, and why do I have to buy cars? I want to use cars I win! :cry:

I've changed my mind about the game in general. It may be a good mix of racing game elements, like good gfx, effects, music, tune stuff etc but it lacks atmosphere.

Here are my cars so far, I know they are ugly, but I need the widebody and hood so they cars get better aero performance.

My drag Cobalt.
http://img263.imageshack.**/img263/3523/snap3zs9.th.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.**/img152/5430/snap4xi9.th.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.**/img403/5223/snap5on7.th.jpg

My track S13.
http://img152.imageshack.**/img152/7683/snap1yf2.th.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.**/img152/8359/snap2ty5.th.jpg

My drift GTO.
http://img263.imageshack.**/img263/672/snap7pc3.th.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.**/img263/6171/snap6qo4.th.jpg

My stock S15.
http://img263.imageshack.**/img263/1189/snap8ps0.th.jpg