Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

This followed me into the dealership, reminded me of our esteemed founder.
PXL_20240408_194629065.jpg

I think you're right, I was trying to ID the aircraft and came up blank before seeing the last of the post.

Reactions: lip
Three-door VW Passat B2, that's the least produced variant of the Passat (around 27500 in total over five years), today they're practically extinct. My father had the estate version in white of that model when I was a child. Back then I thought that this huge car (haha, it was just 4,54m long and 1,68m wide...) had to have a 6-pot (well, it never had a 6-pot, but I didn't know better), but when it broke down one day and my father opened the hood the engine bay was quite spacious around the engine so it was just a small 4-pot...

VW Passat B2 1.jpg

VW Passat B2 2.jpg

My family had a five-door 32B Variant throughout my primary school years - basically the first damily car that I can remember.

Never seen a Grecale before. Headlight design on it is reminiscent of this thing... and that's not a good thing.
From the wikipedia article:
compact luxury crossover SUV
Compact? Compact? It's 4,84m long, 1,95m wide and weighs almost 1,9 tons, when have cars with those dimensions become compact? That's ridiculous, in the 1980s a VW Passat Variant which is a mid-size family car was 30 cm both shorter and narrower and half the weight...

Three-door VW Passat B2, that's the least produced variant of the Passat (around 27500 in total over five years), today they're practically extinct. My father had the estate version in white of that model when I was a child. Back then I thought that this huge car (haha, it was just 4,54m long and 1,68m wide...) had to have a 6-pot (well, it never had a 6-pot, but I didn't know better), but when it broke down one day and my father opened the hood the engine bay was quite spacious around the engine so it was just a small 4-pot...

View attachment 3572430

View attachment 3572431
I feel like I am looking at a car from an alternate universe because those were never sold in Brazil but it has the front of a VW Santana and the rear lights of the station wagon.
1713770987065.png

1713771217842.png

Passat and Santana are just different names for different body styles of the same car. I bet the whole front of the Santana and the 3-door Passat up to the B pillar is identical.

Passat and Santana are just different names for different body styles of the same car. I bet the whole front of the Santana and the 3-door Passat up to the B pillar is identical.
I know that, but it was marketed as a class above the Passat, at least in Brazil.