Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Not often that I see a Lotus at the grocery store.

20231130_142736.jpg

Somebody bought one of those 4 door AMG things! And was driving around far too quickly and loudly while there was mist and traffic and stuff

IMG_3613.JPG

IMG_3612.JPG

No idea what this is though, at first I thought Bentley but it looks very Japanese from the rear? Genesis? It's something we don't get here I think

Reactions: lip
Yeah that's an Espace in name only. The fact that it's a generic SUV, instead of the uniquely styled MPV that it always was, doubly offends me.

Anyway I saw this last week but forgot to post it. It was in a farmyard alongside a footpath. Might not be anything special but I bet those spoilers aren't very common now.

Last edited:
That's 3.8 million Euros (including taxes) on the road there... :shock2:

Reactions: lip
^ The ultra deep engine sound of the Chiron is so distinctive that I knew what was coming before I even saw it.

PXL_20240122_190049490.jpg

PXL_20240122_190041882.jpg

This is kinda badass with the chrome ‘eyelids’

Looks like a restomod, saw no exhausts so possible electric?

No, it's likely just a normal diesel. You can see the exhaust poking out the side.

This is a normal Citroën Jumper/Fiat Ducato/Peugeot Boxer van with a bodykit on it to resemble a Citroen H van from the olden days. The way this platform is designed is pretty clever - they put all the greasy bits in the front and routed the exhaust out the side to make it easy for coachbuilders to mess around with the chassis as they wish. All you need to do is hook up the rear lights and brakes.

Skärmavbild 2024-02-04 kl. 22.36.37.png

They will even sell you the front half only if that's what you want. But I'd imagine you have to buy them in pairs for logistical reasons.

5716863.jpg

This shape came out in 2006 and they're still making the damn things.

They will even sell you the front half only if that's what you want. But I'd imagine you have to buy them in pairs for logistical reasons.

View attachment 3571729

This shape came out in 2006 and they're still making the damn things.

Tell me more about these. It's like what I know as a cab and chassis, but it's just cab and cab. So the upfitter installs the remaining chassis and body? I'm also guessing that these are purely front wheel drive?

Tell me more about these. It's like what I know as a cab and chassis, but it's just cab and cab. So the upfitter installs the remaining chassis and body? I'm also guessing that these are purely front wheel drive?

Yes, they're FWD and always have been. Everything is packaged under or in front of the passenger space. The fuel tank is under the cab floor iirc.

Some RV manufacturers provide their own chassis and rear axle. Why this is better than not just using the default Stellantis one I've no idea.

Some RV manufacturers provide their own chassis and rear axle. Why this is better than not just using the default Stellantis one I've no idea.

They usually replace the straight axle with something nicer for better ride and lower height. The AL-KO shown below is likely the most common aftermarket chassis.
Optimizing the frame even further is probably worth it when trying to fit as much RV as possible under the 3500kg B-licence limit.

AL-KO AMC motorhome chassis

fiat-x290-2-achser-004~-~media--df42eb16--query@2x.png