Pikes Peak 2013

Loeb Pikes Peak test

More Loeb testing

Apparently a Pikes Peak competitor testing on The Snake:

Some clips of a Mulholland frider on a Zero Electric motorcycle. The clicking is something the rider devised to meet sound requirement for a race he will be competing in.He didn't say why, maybe to warn wildlife like deer He said it doesn't really kick in until you get past 60mph,

8:13.878 for Loeb. :jawdrop: 93 seconds faster than last year's record. :blink::shock2::shock:

Savage time, 85mph average!

Said he was on the limit everywhere!!!!!!

Now snowing at the top

Dumas had transmission failure

Last edited:
That is a stupidly fast time. Nearly a minute faster than anyone else has ever gone, including the rest of the unlimited runs this year.

They'll need to bring in the single-seater hillclimb specials to beat that. With turbo engines or damn strong electric ones.

Pikes Peak - Sebastien Loeb record

******* awful commentary!

Last edited:
That is one of the worst live racing broadcasts I've ever seen. I hope there will be a full-length on-board video released later...

That is one of the worst live racing broadcasts I've ever seen. I hope there will be a full-length on-board video released later...

Promised for Monday sometime

The logistics involved with getting good comare coverage on a course like Pikes Peak would be expensive as shit.
Then again, so would filming yourself jumping out of a balloon in space, so I guess there is that. I would think Red Bull are probably testing the waters to see how well a live broadcast works out for them.

The logistics involved with getting good comare coverage on a course like Pikes Peak would be expensive as shit.
Then again, so would filming yourself jumping out of a balloon in space, so I guess there is that. I would think Red Bull are probably testing the waters to see how well a live broadcast works out for them.

I'll give them a break on the camera spottiness since broadcasting live via helicopter over a 10 mile course is asking a lot, but two dudes giving a stuttering and uninformed commentary over it makes it horrible. That is good enough for live coverage I guess, but much cooler to just have a bunch of independent camera's and make a show for the day or week after with close to full coverage would be neat.

The guy's grom skyF1 should have done the commentary.

That is the single most shitty piece of coverage I have ever seen. What the fuck?

I thought the images from Red Bull TV combined with the local KRDO radio stream were a pretty good match. The muppets on Red Bull TV were terrible...

I hope there will be a full-length on-board video released later...

[edit]
Wow, that thing has monumental levels of grip, it doesn't twitch at all even at full acceleration out of corners... :shock2:
[/edit]

Last edited:
Point taken, but there would have been easy alternatives like using a combination of cameras at the track as well as the helicopter. The footage from the helicopter was badly shot to begin with, it had loads of dropouts and the commentary was more than awful. It looked like a group of random amateurs was trying to make a pro event coverage. Even with a limited budget there must be better ways to do this.

Last edited: