Random F1 videos

No, that's wheel spin, listen to cars from 2001 to 2007 and you can hear TC at work, it's very distinct, like a grinding noise.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;uy-DbgntFC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy-DbgntFC4[/video]

Interesting questions asked, so sticking it here. ;)

Video from JA on F1.

That sense of speed gets lost so much on television and then after awhile you start to go "meh, i could probably do that". Then you see something like that and shit yourself.

True, I went to silverstone to watch testing once and could not get my face around how fast they took the first corner. I was like Whaaaaaa? It looks fast on TV, but you will never know until you're down at their level watching it for real.

True, I went to silverstone to watch testing once and could not get my face around how fast they took the first corner. I was like Whaaaaaa? It looks fast on TV, but you will never know until you're down at their level watching it for real.

Yeap, and even then you're not even close to the sense of speed once you're the one in the cockpit, driving the freaking thing.

i once went to renault days at zolder, and they had their F1 car do a demo run, with the necessary burnouts on the straight, so nothing was even close the limit, and still the cornering speed as astounishing! that was actually the first time i thought by myself "wow, F1!" before i didn't give a shit

It transmits the more of the car's data and more accurately to the engineer's computers.

In part 2 of this series, Schumacher is in some controversy at the Austrian Grand Prix. (shown in Part 2)
However, I am not sure what the controversy was.
Can someone please explain this to a F1 newbie, like myself? =P

[youtube]-F0XZ_j-pJo[/youtube]

[youtube]8zA8CP0dgnk[/youtube]

In part 2 of this series, Schumacher is in some controversy at the Austrian Grand Prix. (shown in Part 2)
He was handed the victory on the finish straight by his teammate who led the Grand Prix. This is considered unsporty behaviour, and making it this obvious it was considered a real slap in the face of the sport.

Nice, but I think it could have been done better :).

He was handed the victory on the finish straight by his teammate who led the Grand Prix. This is considered unsporty behaviour, and making it this obvious it was considered a real slap in the face of the sport.

thanks.

That's really silly.. What an empty victory that must have been..

It's awesome to see an F1 car at the glen again.

[video=youtube;_yzs-2bDai8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yzs-2bDai8[/video]

[video=youtube;KsrYLNRn-MY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsrYLNRn-MY&feature=watch_response[/video]

Last edited:
"That thing only goes 190, I'd fall asleep at that speed."
Someone needs to tell them F1 doesn't go much faster than that.

"That thing only goes 190, I'd fall asleep at that speed."
Someone needs to tell them F1 doesn't go much faster than that.

Rusty Wallace was clocked doing over 220 mph at Talladega during a radio test a few years back. The car didn't have the restrictor plate since it was not a race and he wasn't drafting with anybody.