Random Thoughts....

Can anyone of the smarties of final gear please explain Green's Functions to me, specifically in conduction?

Partial differential equations? Nope, sorry. Failed that class. Only class I ever had to drop due to grades.

Partial differential equations? Nope, sorry. Failed that class. Only class I ever had to drop due to grades.

I haven't had a specific course dedicated to it. I don't think it was covered in my ODE class, but I really don't remember. So I'm kind of having to learn it on the fly for this ridiculous conduction class.

An ad for this just came up on my LJ friends page. WTF?

http://www.delilahnoir.com/Default.asp

What the fuckity fuck fuck fuck. Who buys this shit, anyway? I read the description, and apparently it is a doll with a severe personality disorder.
I am sure it is collected by middle aged Japanese men for the sole use of some odd masturbation ritual.

I haven't had a specific course dedicated to it. I don't think it was covered in my ODE class, but I really don't remember. So I'm kind of having to learn it on the fly for this ridiculous conduction class.

I only read the wikipedia entry, but there's no way to really deal with that having only had ODE. PDE is usually major senior or elective graduate level mathematics. Are you dealing with the skin effect or something? I really don't remember much about this theorem in particular. That's just the only major use of boundary value problems I remember from conduction. Actually, electrical conduction or thermal? That'd make a big difference.

I only read the wikipedia entry, but there's no way to really deal with that having only had ODE. PDE is usually major senior or elective graduate level mathematics. Are you dealing with the skin effect or something? I really don't remember much about this theorem in particular. That's just the only major use of boundary value problems I remember from conduction. Actually, electrical conduction or thermal? That'd make a big difference.

And Austere pops a stiffy in 3...2...

It's thermal conduction. I think my math class next semester will deal with PDEs, I don't even think it was an option to take when I was an undergrad. Well actually it might have been, I just wasn't aware. Basically all I know (and for that matter the majority of the class) is that it's used to solve non-homogenous PDEs. It's probably too much for one person to explain over the internet, but I was hoping for a eureka moment however hopeless that might be. :lol:

It's thermal conduction. I think my math class next semester will deal with PDEs, I don't even think it was an option to take when I was an undergrad. Well actually it might have been, I just wasn't aware. Basically all I know (and for that matter the majority of the class) is that it's used to solve non-homogenous PDEs. It's probably too much for one person to explain over the internet, but I was hoping for a eureka moment however hopeless that might be. :lol:

LOL I couldn't explain it to you in person either. Way over my head, for sure. Maybe someone else around here is a math person.

Speaking of math, i scored 100% this time :w00t:. I feel accomplished to say the least.

I just noticed, All my 'visitor messages' are from people with pink titles. Do you think that says something about me?

*Backs into a corner away from Joe and all pink people*

I just noticed, All my 'visitor messages' are from people with pink titles. Do you think that says something about me?
profilepic28604_6.gif

This is your user image, of course you are attracting girls. :p

This is your user image, of course you are attracting girls. :p
My user image is:
Fat
Fluffy
Idle

Is that what women are? Does that make me a gurl?

Last edited:
No, they think you are a small fuzzy animal and wish to cuddle you :p

I can live with that!
(except I'm not that small)

Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm bankrupt, literally.