Random Thoughts....

Really?? Now this is interesting... Did you go to Main campus or did you finish at one of the satellite campuses?

The profs at my campus prattle on endlessly about how the Blue & White society will help you get a job anywhere because of how big they are. Have any thoughts on that as an alum?

I went to Behrend. Smaller classes and better MIS degree kept me away from main campus.
I won't doubt that the Penn State name is recognized around here, and I know that being a PSU alumni helped me get my current job since the guy that hired me went to PSU as well (although, my getting hired was more influenced by my internships with this company). But PSU credentials don't seem to get you too far if there isn't that direct link back to PSU through the person hiring you.

Basically, the name carries more influence that the education you receive.

Basically, the name carries more influence that the education you receive.

I've been getting the feeling that is what matters most regarding this school.

/My last test in English 419 (Highest level English one could take on a 4-yr. program.) consisted of ten "Fix the comma in the sentence" questions.
//insulting.

I rather enjoyed the time when we took one of our professors to the bar. A few days later she changed my friends and I's grades. It was obvious that she was giving better grades to the people that bought her more drinks that night. Not that I minded getting my B- changed to an A-. I was just envious of my friends that got the full A for pitching in for J?ger bombs after I stopped drinking.

This is the same professor that I would constantly ask "Why do we need to know this?" to which she never had an answer.

I feel very much the same way after four years of UBC. Honestly, I've learned so much more off TV and Wikipedia combined compared to lectures and textbooks. Screw school.

Anyway... I think I've learned more from television than I have learned from going to Penn State for four years. And I've paid less for television.

That's indeed pretty cool but after seeing the last episode of Fith Gear, all I can think of is that RR Sport-based Bowler. I would buy one just to park in my drive if I had the money, even if I never go offroading.

This is the single greatest off-roader ever (I don't mean it is the best at off-roading, just that it is so amazingly awesome). It could easily do things that even the fully specced up Defenders and Jeeps struggled with. The fact that it is a Mini just adds to the awesomeness.[/IMG]

I just watched The Saint again and noticed for the first time that the voice of the newscaster at the end of the movie is Roger Moore, the original Saint.

I was just wondering why I felt so jittery even though I'm sick as a dog, and I just realized that my Sobe has Taurine, L-proline, and guarana in it...
And I had two cups of coffee...
and chai tea...
and generic dayquil with caffeine in it...

/twitch

I was at this car show with my girlfriend last night and she made the strangest comparison between two cars I've ever heard:

"I can't decide if I like the (AC) Cobra or the (AMC) Pacer better."

:blink:

I think that has seriously jeopardized our future together. :lol:

Just tell her that Cobras never came in automatics, so the Pacer's probably the car for her. :p

I just finished reading the Gunsmith Cats manga, and I remembered this posts when the Bean Bandit picks on the girl driving a Shelby Cobra... :lol:

Last edited:
Screams at the top of his lungs to get it out of his system...

Screams at the top of his lungs to get it out of his system...

I HATE LEWIS HAMILTON!! AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH :?

^ :lol: Here, have this, it'll make you feel better :beer:

Haha, thanks :cheers:

You know that feeling you have when you just want to scream at the top of your lungs and release everything thats building up inside of you... Well thats whats happened in that post :lol:

^ Yeah... kinda got that impression... that's okay, Rick Kelly has the same affect on me.