Random Thoughts....

My high school class had an abnormally large concentration of them... grouped together in a single row of seats at school. :lol:

Didn't have a lot of girls in highschool, and the ones that were in my class were obviously hanging in different circles than me(actually, a lot of the class was). And while I get along with lots of people, I don't really have a lot of friends.
Actually, no.
They do this because they like to look attractive and despite the fact that men are staring at them. Not objectifying women = first step into a world of actually getting dates ;)

Honestly, I don't need a girl to wear those things or a miniskirt to find her attractive. She could be wearing anything else. And a lot of women here dress provocative so men can stare at them, that's probably because of a lack of confidence or because Romanian society is really weird.

Or to put it another way, men who put women on pedestals almost never knock them off....... ;)

Exactly.

Another random thought and why I really don't like some people that are truly idiots: we got an individual project today and pairs of colleagues got a version number for that project(though we don't have to do it together). Me and this idiot got version 11, and it was marked as V11 on the paper. When I give him his paper, he asked me "Why did you give me number 7?". What the fuck? You knew you were 11, why the fuck would I give you 7. And who would use Roman lettering on 15+ subjects? He's proven himself on more than one opportunity, especially by not studying for exams and being furious at not passing them.

Last edited:
A lot of women here dress provocative so men can stare at them, that's probably because of a lack of confidence or because Romanian society is really weird.

Actually, this i don't believe. I often shake my head in disbelief about the way female students from eastern europe dress (hint: like cheap hookers), but i doubt they do it to attract stare of males but because they genuinely think it suits them and they look good in it.

Maybe they genuinely think it suits them and they look good in it because men stare at them? Again, a society problem. Isn't fashion lead by example?

Last edited:
Another random thought and why I really don't like some people that are truly idiots: we got an individual project today and pairs of colleagues got a version number for that project(though we don't have to do it together). Me and this idiot got version 11, and it was marked as V11 on the paper. When I give him his paper, he asked me "Why did you give me number 7?". What the fuck? You knew you were 11, why the fuck would I give you 7. And who would use Roman lettering on 15+ subjects? He's proven himself on more than one opportunity, especially by not studying for exams and being furious at not passing them.

OK VII - conventionally represents Roman numerals - or the equivalent of a arabic 7
V11 - conventionally represents Version eleven

VII -> uses two capital (but seriph - not sans seriph) 'I's to represent as closely as possible the original text for a Roman 7

Your mate needs a bit of education.

It is probably conventional in their countries and do not forget they have been told lies by their communist masters for 45 years following the war. It takes a long time for those lies to wear off. They never had the de-nazification that the West had either all that happened was that one lot of foreign evil persecutors were replaced by another.

Dressing up in a 'sexy' (for the want of a better word) manner was probably banned by the Communists, so I think it may be a reaction against that.

The old regime having an impact is true but we're also talking about a generation that was born after 1989 and didn't live through all that. Most likely is that what's "popular" today is this stuff. Also, poverty changes people and marks them.

The eastern european girls that can afford to study in Germany have never been even in smelling distance to poverty.

The eastern european girls that can afford to study in Germany have never been even in smelling distance to poverty.

True, but that's not representative of the majority in any way. With people working for a minimum wage of 160? and a average income of 500? most people can't even afford a flight out of country.

So I aced part 1 of my Calc test, but here's an excersice I found on my practice notes which may be of interest to you

Code:
z=4y^2+(x^2+y^2)^1/2; d1(x,y)

So I derive

Code:
1/2+(x^2+y^2)^ -1/2 (2x) <- Chain rule

(2x)/2(x^2+y^2)^1/2 <- Simplify

(x)/(x^2+y^2)^1/2  <- Simplify

Even though quite a bit of my classmates with higher grades than mine acknowledged this procedure to be correct, The Answers at the back of the book tell us that the answer is

Code:
x/x^2+y^2

2 days and quite a bit of paper weren't able to tell us what the hell is wrong here. I figured some of the smart blokes here will finally be able to tell us where did we screwed up.

Last edited:
You want me to remember calculus?
1/2+(x^2+y^2)^ -1/2 (2x) <- Chain rule
(2x)/2(x^2+y^2)^1/2 <- Simplify

Not sure what happened there. Try putting your equations into Wolfram Alpha or a math editor and taking screenshots. I can't tell what is and what isn't part of the fraction.

Why the hell weren't there any scandaly clad eastern European girls around when I was in school? Damn iron curtain......

There was a reason it was made of Iron. ... Keep randy blokes like you out so all the cool chicks can be kept for the blokes party officials at home.

Did you ever hear about the antics of that sod Lavrentii Beria?

Last edited:
I'm not that old :p

I'm also not that way with women :p

True, but that's not representative of the majority in any way. With people working for a minimum wage of 160? and a average income of 500? most people can't even afford a flight out of country.

That's my point, they still dress like cheap hookers.

I`m so excited.....and I just can`t hide it.... Oklahoma Joe`s Barbecue is returning home and opening a new restaurant here in Tulsa! website here. Now here are a couple of quotes by famous guys talking about the bbq...

Anthony Bourdain said:
[one of] 13 places to eat before you die.

Wolfgang Puck said:
Best BBQ I have ever eaten.

Maybe they genuinely think it suits them and they look good in it because men stare at them? Again, a society problem. Isn't fashion lead by example?

Maybe each does it for her own reasons? *shrug* Some because they like it, some because it's what their friends are wearing, still others who do it to attract men, others for reasons we haven't even considered.

All I'm trying to say is, they are not a hive mind.