Random Thoughts....

Math isn't that difficult for me, but it wasn't easy either. I gave up after differential equations in college, I didn't want to go any further and as a non-biophysics biology major I saw no reason too.

High school was Calc I and II and Statistics for me, and I wasn't even a crazy motivated student. Our school taught up to Calc BC which is I and II. After that everyone else went to University of Illinois-Chicago for math classes, and received credit there, though probably only 10-15 kids went further than BC calc in any given year of students.

10 pounds to deliver a game here, Amazon? Well, fuck you!

oh hai there, whats going on?

*looks around at thread... head explodes... leaves a gooey mess on the floor.*

yeah, i'm not a maths person. division makes my brain come to a grinding halt faster than Quicksilver meeting the Juggernaut.

I used to have a mulitple table poster on my bathroom door for years and memorised my timetables. I also don't mind trigonometry, algebra and geometry.

Everything else is just ugh.

Holy shit, math is by far not random, it has no place in this thread of randomness. On the other hand, unicorns that are robotic like to crash into stars and sing about how they always want to be with you and live in harmony, harmony...

My birthday is coming up and every person I know is bugging me for what to give to me as a present. The worst thing - I haven?t got a clue! I can come up with stuff that I want in high-price area (new Tv, Blue-ray player, new dish-washer, cellphone) - no problem ... but realistically People will spend 20?, tops. And even if it were 50 Euro, I still wouldn?t have a clue. ARGH. What do I want? I DON`T KNOW! WHY DO I NOT KNOW? How come when people (basically) offer me money to spend for me in a If I can?t come up with some decent stuff that I?d like? I?ll probably end up with some gift certificates from a tanning-salon! I DON`T WANT THAT!!!!!

MWF dons a pair of sensible trousers.....

How about picking one of the high end items and perhaps a source for same? Then you can let everyone know and if it's a store that does gift cards ask them to give you those to help you save? Or the cash equivalent?

Makes it easier for them and you head towards the new TV or whatever.

Happy Opening Day!! Technically it`s opening days, but today begins real baseball!!

openingday.png

get a gift certificate for a lap dance!
At least that was the reply I was expecting.

I don?t know, I?ve always been against giving away gift-certificates myself. It?s against my code of friendship somewhat. Then myself going "oh, a amazon gift-certificate would be lovley" kinda seems wrong ... but this year I don?t really know an alternative.

Things that you would never have thought as a child: "Why did you buy so much (of this) ice cream?"
I have too little restraint concerning food already :D

Could be worse. By the time your next birthday comes around, with the way things are going, we'll all be asking friends to club together for our birthdays and fill our car's fuel tank!

Could be worse. By the time your next birthday comes around, with the way things are going, we'll all be asking friends to club together for our birthdays and fill our car's fuel tank!
... don?t panic. This will all play out fine in the end somehow. I?m in quite an optimistic mood about things like that (economy, energy-politics concerning the "middle east"). Sure, a lot of uncertainties around ... but if something is uncertain, that doesn?t mean it has to play out bad in the end ... from time to time having some faith in humanity certainly isn?t wrong ... :)

I used to think that men were 8, 12 or bought trousers from the Sunday Express with shirt grips. And I used to think myself 12, now I know I am 8 but grumpy with it. A bit like Cassandra, I know stuff and I am usually right but no one believes me and takes no notice at all.

IMHO, boyish enthusiasm has led to some of the greatest achievements of mankind. Who else but big boys would have gone, "Hey, I know what! Let's strap a couple of us to the top of a giant tank of explosives, add a nozzle at its bottom, set the thing on fire and fly to the Moon"?