Spied: REBIRTH OF A LEGEND - New Lancia Stratos spied!

Sorry, but I thought Pininfarina designs, not manufactures. This just screams Lancia.
Pinin currently builds ten cars in their own factories. The one I worked in for two years is the 8th highest ranked plant in the world according to JD Powers. :)

:drool: !!! Get rid of those headlights and that thing would be the most awesome car of the year!

Oh Im not sure what the rally rules involve, could we have a wrc stratos?

think not. iirc they can only use 2.0 i4 turbo engines in the front...

and with only RWD i don't think it would stand a chance even if it had 1000bhp

Who in their right mind, having enough money, wouldn't go to Pininfarina and ask them to make them one of these?

lancia_stratos_concept_01.jpg

It's just awesome. And I do hope it gets used regularly and not stored in some garage.

Yes, an almost proper 2000th post! :banana: :mouse: :mouse: :banana:

Looks awful compared to the original.

Looks awful compared to the original.

Yes, that one looks like either

- Lancia Stratos Playmobil version

- One of those stupid photoshops where the cars are 'shrunk'

think not. iirc they can only use 2.0 i4 turbo engines in the front...

and with only RWD i don't think it would stand a chance even if it had 1000bhp

Don't tell any of this to Bill Caswell...

From what I can gather the 2011 WRC cars will use turbocharged 1600cc engines. Can't find anything about engine placement.

from next year on they'll run cars to super2000 regulations (equal to WTCC) but with super1600 engines (1.6 turbo)

Last edited:
Wow I really want it.. Hope its not like the quality the olds ones were in!

Sorry, but who cares about that? Look at it!! :D :lol: Makes me feel good just looking at it :love:

Needs Alitalia livery. And spotlights out the front.

Apart from the headlights making it looks like a suicidal Autobot, the rest of it is pure secks. Rear ends usually don't do it for me, but thanks to the back of that Stratos, I've had a diamond cutter for the last 20 minutes. :wub:

Lancia Stratos is a Pininfarina-designed one-off

Turns out Italiaspeed had it right: the remade Lancia Stratos spotted on a Fiat test track in Milan is a coachbuilt one-off for a European client, and has nothing to do with Fenomenon. As the story goes, a certain unnamed industrialist asked Pininfarina ? not Bertone, the Stratos' original designer ? to pen a body with a traditional front end true to the icon.

Of several tips we've received on the car, one stated that the body would fit over a greatly-shortened Ferrari F430 chassis and retain the F430's V8, "so just like the original car it will try and kill you." Although this isn't the best news for anyone hoping for a Stratos revival, we can't wait to see this bespoke Stratos on display at some future show.
Damn. :(

If this generates a lot of interest FIAT may decided to do it. Lancia-Chrysler desperately needs something sporty.

On the upside though, a lot of the work is done, it just needs to be production-ized.

I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!