Spied: REBIRTH OF A LEGEND - New Lancia Stratos spied!

500x_2012_lancia_stratos.jpg

It was a German billionare (Michael Stoschek) who initiated the design and development of the car. Its F430 based, and there may be 25 copies built.

Start saving.

Link

I wish Lancia had the courage to develop a new sportscar and not bet on the legendary Stratos name to make it automatically awesome. This will be another mediocre sequel. What's the point of an F430 dressed as a modern version of the old car? The only heritage it has is its badge and its name, it still won't make history. But that's how it is these days. You make something quite good, then give it a name with heritage and history and you're done. The sad bit is that it doesn't apply to cars only.

Headlights even look bearable in that photo. I'd much prefer pop-ups though :D

Legally that can't be done. Brussels deemed that Europe can't have pop up headlights.

I wish Lancia had the courage to develop a new sportscar and not bet on the legendary Stratos name to make it automatically awesome. This will be another mediocre sequel. What's the point of an F430 dressed as a modern version of the old car? The only heritage it has is its badge and its name, it still won't make history. But that's how it is these days. You make something quite good, then give it a name with heritage and history and you're done. The sad bit is that it doesn't apply to cars only.

Lancia isn't developing this car.

What's the point of an F430 dressed as a modern version of the old car?[...]
Having an extremly beautiful car that goes like a F430 scuderia? The day something like that isn?t awsome anymore, I want a bullet right between my eyes ...

But that's how it is these days.
... you?re 18 (or a liar). Even I don?t talk about "these days" ... and I could be your father (technically). Do you even know any other "days" than "these"? If yes, please take me with you on your next trip with the time machine ...

:no: these pesky kids these days ...

I wish Lancia had the courage to develop a new sportscar[...]
... on that I can agree with you. That would be awsome. But untill that day ... let?s have the F430 Stratos to pass the time with some fapping.

Last edited:
is the wheelbase shorter on the Stratos than on the Scud? it certainly looks like it, but i can't be sure.
Yes, they had to shorten up the chassis a little bit. Not sure how much exactly, but I bet it made that car even more of a handful.

I can't imagine what a 430 Scuderia V8 in such a short wheel based car will feel like. I hope they sort it out so it drives properly.

And there's so many Ferrari bits in there - F430's diffuser, the 599 taillights, seats, steering wheels and center console (just like there was in the 8C) which is cool.

remeber the review of the golf W12? something like that i assume :lol:

I can't imagine what a 430 Scuderia V8 in such a short wheel based car will feel like. I hope they sort it out so it drives properly.

And there's so many Ferrari bits in there - F430's diffuser, the 599 taillights, seats, steering wheels and center console (just like there was in the 8C) which is cool.
The diffuser is bespoke, it's not from the F430. Also, those are not Ferrari seats.

So, you are all orgasming over a kit car.... riiiight.

I could make something look just as good out of an old datsun or fiero.

http://www.hawkcars.co.uk/hf3000/index.html

There, you can now make your dream come true. I admit i was excited about this car when this thread was started, but since its been revealed as basically a kit car (Whats the differance between rebodying a Datsun and a Ferrari, really? You lot lost your mind when Matt Farah tried to pull this same trick) i just dont feel that excited about it.

MattD1zzl3 must have been busy, it took 6 pages until he showed up.