Remove reputation or make it public?

Remove reputation or make it public?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all rats in a maze.

Have we reached a dead end yet?

Hey Quiky, get off your ass and fix this in Netscape!

Have you tried Firefox? Netscape was EOL'd about five centuries ago.

An observation after a few days of the new rep system being implemented.

I seem to be getting more + reps, and not necessarily from people I've + repped recently. I've also noticed the number of - reps have dropped off too. I know that I'm more careful with my - reps these days. I wonder if anyone else has noticed any/all of the above?

This is a good thing in a lot of ways as it seems to discourage hasty neg repping (I may have done this myself once or twice), but on the other hand is it putting people off from neg repping posts that really deserve it?

Having said all this, I think the transparency of the new rep system is a good thing. If it means that too little neg rep is being spread, that's arguably a better outcome than too much neg rep flying around the place.

Last edited:
It has resulted in ownage:
Who's feelings? I couldn't care less. I like the guy, but I know exactly what he's done wrong and so does everyone else. Why the f*** reheat this subject. Just going to turn into a festival of crap. =)

And I didn't negrep you..believe it or not..

You did not get that bulletin, did you? Epic fail from your side. :-D

4208724039_df19acb2fa_o.jpg

EDIT: ENOUGH with the bitchfight, back on topic! Who'll get the second Sauber seat, what do you reckogn? And more important: Does anyone still believe USF1 will show up?

LOL That's really awesome. I notice he hushed up pretty quickly after that.

So, has the publification of rep stopped the bitching to mods?

Well, yes I got burned, shit happens :D I only quieted up to calm the situation I created...

But I ask here again...why can't I see names next to the received rep?

Well, yes I got burned, shit happens :D I only quieted up to calm the situation I created...

But I ask here again...why can't I see names next to the received rep?
Because you got put into a usergroup which isn't allowed to use the rep system.

Because you got put into a usergroup which isn't allowed to use the rep system.

so, I'm taking it as a no, the bitching & abuse hasn't stopped.:(

I haven't gotten any neg reps since they made it public. Probably because I have only gotten maybe 3/20 that were actually deserved and not expressing I was a horrible person and they hate me. Those three were signed anyway, I assume most valid -reps are.

He doesn't get to call that ownage :roll:
Screenshot2009-12-11at65040PM.png

I was not going to post this because I thought posting -rep to laugh at someone publicly might be a bit low but if he does it anyway.
Hypocrite much? That was for asking why someone used safari on windows.
You misunderstand: Dr. Grip openly posted the negrep by SchumacherM only because the latter previously claimed that it didn't come from him.

Last edited:
He doesn't get to call that ownage :roll:
Screenshot2009-12-11at65040PM.png

I was not going to post this because I thought posting -rep to laugh at someone publicly might be a bit low but if he does it anyway.
Hypocrite much? That was for asking why someone used safari on windows.

Except you deserved it.

Is this thread going to become a "name and shame" outing of people?

The whole point of making the rep public is so that grievances can be handled without involving the mods or anyone else. If you have a problem with someone, deal with it in PM or I swear I will add to your neg-rep woes.

Seriously, it's just a goddamn number. I sincerely hope that all this animosity dies down soon. And when I say "soon" I mean "now" and when I say "hope" I mean, "knock it the fuck off, already."

Bringing down the double-sided trident, or whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.