Ownership Verified: Resistance was futile! My 1988 BMW 5er

Should do, I believe the 635 used a version of the M30 :)

Yeah but the E34 has alot more ECU iguess than a car from the 70's,

a) Its BMW engine and a BMW car. Any swap from that era will be a fairly simple job with minimal changes (maybe oilpan, mounts, etc)

b) That 635 comes with an engine, why would you need another one? Its just not installed.

c) That 635 needs work on "some smaller things", like the AXLES and the GASTANK. Yeah, those are really just details.. :blink:

Engine and auto tranny was supposed to be "reworked" aka is fried :p also without those "smaller things" that makes the 6 so "cheap".

Though it's an tease and I'd rather get the s2k :p :lol:

Noway!

This car was sold today and I am the lucky new owner! New thread will be up in a few days when I get it back home =)

This car was sold today and I am the lucky new owner! New thread will be up in a few days when I get it back home =)

Yup, can confirm ! Can't wait to see how nice it looks polished.

Mixed feelings, it is nice to have the financial burden lifted and I know it has gone to an awesome home but I now have no car and am unlikely to get another any time soon... Goddamnit!

ditch_bmw.jpg

The only thing wrong with the picture above is that it isn't a 3 series. It's ALWAYS a 3 series. :lol:

The only thing wrong with the picture above is that it isn't a 3 series. It's ALWAYS a 3 series. :lol:

Yesterday I saw one in a garden behind a broken fence, close enough to a ditch...

Also quite hard to achieve on a straight road - believe me, I know :p

I guess I should be finishing this thread off with something, so here it is. Some will have already seen this, but here it is again!

If I find some spectacular shots of the car with me driving I will be sure to post them up here :D

Since this now has been sold to me the fun continues here

Hello loose_unit :)
Can you contact me at my epost ? I dont know how to contact you on an inbox :p Hey, maybe I'll buy your ex bmw 535i but i need to know a little bit moore about the history of it :) Larswey says that it has been just one owner of the car before you. Is that correct ? Sincerely Tore from Norway :)

Larswey says that it has been just one owner of the car before you. Is that correct ? Sincerely Tore from Norway :)

I am unable to PM you, but I will reply here.

So the car was bought new in 1988 by a guy born in the 1920's, it was then sold again to someone else who kept it for 4 - 5 years then the dealer I bought it from got it, then me, then Larswey :)

I didn't do anything major to the car, I replaced the oil, bought winter tires/wheels, replaced the screw for tool kit and added a new stereo.