That's Not Gone Well: Electric car UK sales sputter out

We need one of those 2x2 grids with the nominees in them! But if you're offering faboulous prizes and lots of money, all I can say is

Last edited:
Maybe you are a nice one-time winner but the lifetime achievement award has to go to somebody else :D

Proof of it being false? Sure, and I'll disprove God while I'm at it. There's no proof of it being true and people have been laughing at the theory for decades now. That's good enough for me.
Plenty of theories were laughed at for decades (or even centuries) again unless you can conclusively disprove it it can be considered a valid theory.
I don't think you should base policy on the idea of oil magically reappearing either.
That's a valid point.
Tax breaks don't get a company off the ground. It's clear from Solyndra's collapse that the DOE program could be run with better oversight, but I hardly think that it's a reason to scrap it.
Venture capital does and there is plenty of it around...
There are also those established companies with the capital needed to develop "green" vehicles.

So does exhaling, but not even Sweden taxes respiration.
The problem is not exhaling, it's introducing new CO2 into the atmosphere. The CO2 generated by combustion of fossil fuels was previously stored in the fuel as coal chains, locked away from the atmosphere.

Try to take my cigarettes out of my hands, and your remaining lifespan can be measured in microseconds.
I don't want your cigarettes, so I wouldnt want to take them from you. I'd encourage you to stop buying them.

I think by now this topic is, as they say, exhausted.

:drums:

Last edited:
Plenty of theories were laughed at for decades (or even centuries) again unless you can conclusively disprove it it can be considered a valid theory.

HHGTTG:

The argument goes like this:
`I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'
`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.
`Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys, but that didn't stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book, "Well, That about Wraps It Up for God."

HHGTTG:

The argument goes like this:
`I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'
`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.
`Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys, but that didn't stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book, "Well, That about Wraps It Up for God."
DON'T PANIC! :p

Well considering that at least half of Republican presidential hopefuls think that evolutionary theory has too many holes in it...

I have yet to hear one who is not close to lock up capable mental yet. The US GOP must have some sensible people in it, two at a push one would do. I have been let down by Obama through what appears from this side of the Atlantic stiltifying inactivity, some things have gotten done but it has taken ages and the result (Healthcare) has been the worst possible option for the American people managing the double whammy of being expensive and not that efficient nor effective. Still may be wrong, thak God I will never have to use it.

I really want Colin Powell he'd be great, he does not want to stand though, there must be someone else somewhere.