The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

I've seen 114C with an 8800GTX.

I get 117C with my 4850...I can't play BFBC2 for more than 30 minutes without a random crash...and windows logs doesn't say "GPU overheat."

I've tried to clean it off...next thing to try is thermal paste :( Have a feeling new GFX card...which means new pc :(.

Are you trying to say you don't have any thermal paste right now?

(apparently the terminal temperature for my car is 107C :lol: )

How does new GPU = new PC?

I get 117C with my 4850...

Holy hell man, what are you doing?!?

I rarely exceed 65C on my 4870, and that's under extreme load. Mind you, I set the fan and clock speeds manually on mine (the automatic fan control is a piece of junk). Profiles FTW!

My 8800GTX never got above 90. But then again, I have good airflow through my case.

Holy hell man, what are you doing?!?

I rarely exceed 65C on my 4870, and that's under extreme load. Mind you, I set the fan and clock speeds manually on mine (the automatic fan control is a piece of junk). Profiles FTW!

No idea. Since I had the card it idle at ~70. I have a Coolermaster CM690 and I installed all the fans I could. It has ran that hot since the day I got it.

New GPU means new PC because I am running on a E8500. If I am updating one thing I am doing it all, as my CPU will just bottleneck a new GFX card.

Totally Innocent reason for Egypt Chaos :p

a19Nw.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.**/img89/8313/levelupstudioshalolzpun.jpg

So well... a friend of a friend was trying to fix some cold soldering joints(?) is that the correct word??? on his mainboard, and the result is this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/i-/i-d-k/2011/02/06/backen.jpg

That is an epic bit of FAIL.

So well... a friend of a friend was trying to fix some cold soldering joints(?) is that the correct word??? on his mainboard, and the result is this:

Now he knows he should've resorted to a microwave oven.

funny-pictures-youre-welcome.jpeg