The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

Those are footprints going up/down. The car slid up the hill from the lower road. Not only the trail coming from the road, but also the angle that the car's resting at and the damage to it (hood crumpled backwards, car's tail further up the hill than the front because it hit the sign on its left side, etc). Attention to detail lolz.

How is that supposed to work? You blink once and that crease goes right out. I mean do they just glue those together?

5d1268695212938aceffa449cf663171d11c37ef_m.jpg

m_10314.jpg

8SMIRe0ddkofwvrtt6DgHXlto1_500.jpg

Bob_Ross_Can__t_Paint_People__by_TypoCity.jpg

i2dw5nf19kcz326vcYP6rLePo1_500.jpg

money.jpg

offensive1.jpg

offensive2.jpg

Is that cash thing supposed to show US government spending or something? :dunno:

Is that cash thing supposed to show US government spending or something? :dunno:

Probably, but I think it's just to illustrate the actual enormity of this amount of money. not an actual figure I think these numbers are hard for most people to wrap their mind around. To most people, a million might as well be a trillion.

So how much did the Joker actually burn in The Dark Knight?

Keeping in mind that all of the bills in this illustration were $100 bills. Obviously, if the average were $10 bills, it would be 10x larger.

To be clear, that image is all $1 bills, and the ones I posted were $100 bills...which is how $700B looks bigger than $1T

To be clear, that image is all $1 bills, and the ones I posted were $100 bills...which is how $700B looks bigger than $1T

Yeah I don't know why they decided to go with $1 bills...I mean, how much would $700B be in pennies? Would its weight knock the Earth's rotation out of orbit or something?

Well... Since one penny is 2.5 grams, 700 billion would be 175 million tonnes, which is only 2.9*10^-14 of Earth's mass. It wouldn't even make a dent.

I'm not really sure what they're attempting to look like
Whitey.

Is that spoilered cash picture supposed to be a World Trade Center reference?

Last edited:
Well... Since one penny is 2.5 grams, 700 billion would be 175 million tonnes, which is only 2.9*10^-14 of Earth's mass. It wouldn't even make a dent.
You are officially the most boring person on the Internet.

Is that spoilered cash picture supposed to be a World Trade Center reference?

No, I just think it's more fun to look at the amount of money in the link and see it become bigger and bigger, and then you end up with that! Though I did think the way they chose to show it as a pair of skyscrapers was kind of suspect. :think: