The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Battle-ready!
Heh, a friend of mine (who's actually in the Army) wants me to put that digital camo pattern on it. Even offered up one of his old shirts for me to pattern it off of. That would require entirely too much work though.

RMurray8874 said:
Hey at least it matches your truck!
Nah, half the truck is currently that gross reddish-brown primer.

Speed Triple in matte green.
HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG.jpg

But does it have woodland camo grips? :lol: That looks a little glossier than my paint, not unlike what mine looked like wet. Maybe that's what I'll go for if I tear this thing down.

So I just got my latest issue of American Motorcyclist and they had a small piece on something called the "Super-Visor".

closeup.jpg

http://super-visor.com/index.html

It's basically piece of plastic that attaches to your visor to keep the sun out of your eyes during sunset/sunrise when tinted eye protection only does so much. The visor itself is detachable, but you do have to permanently install a few plastic clips on your faceshield. Anyone tried something like this? I think I might buy one myself because they're only like 17 bucks.

My off road helmet had a visor. It worked, but it was built in from the start.

You like big two-strokes? Try this one on for size: The Yamaha TZ750. Inline 4-cyl 750cc two-stroke. The power delivery is probably about the same as sitting on an exploding nuclear bomb.

Heh, a friend of mine (who's actually in the Army) wants me to put that digital camo pattern on it. Even offered up one of his old shirts for me to pattern it off of. That would require entirely too much work though.

Look at some of the vinyl wraps. I'm pretty sure it can be done without much trouble.

I wouldn't know, I don't share Wes's predilection with "hipster" motorcycles. Also, don't call these guys "hipsters," they went around beating their asses.

Hell, do hipsters even dabble in motorized machinery that aren't 30-year old Motobecanes? Or their aunt's Volvo?

Last edited:
I wouldn't know, I don't share Wes's predilection with "hipster" motorcycles. Also, don't call these guys "hipsters," they went around beating their asses.

Hell, do hipsters even dabble in motorized machinery that aren't 30-year old Motobecanes? Or their aunt's Volvo?

Hahaha easy Blaro, have you joined The Rockers since you've been in London or something?
All kidding aside though I don't think hipsters have a very large presence in the motorcycling world. We'll know when they do because by then Icon and Alpinestars will start putting out products like "Girl-jeans riding pants (for men)" "Horn-rimmed ironic eye protection" and scarves. :lol:
I just thought you would enjoy the article :|.

I was just about to add a white scarf to my riding attire :p

Found this tool to see how you would fit on different motorcycles.

http://cycle-ergo.com/

That documents perfectly my dilemma with motorcycles - I'm a huge overgrown kitten at 6ft5 and I act like a giant airbrake :p

I sometimes ride on highways sitting on the back seat, if it's a commuter with a flat seat design (like a YBR).

I'm 6'4" so I feel your pain.

I do seem to fit pretty well on the larger sport touring bikes though, oh no, I guess I'll have to get one later. :p

I'm 6'4" so I'm right there with you guys. Look for Sport Touring bikes. They tend to fit us larger-framed individuals much better and they are still fun in the twisties. The only thing the separates them from sport bikes is the weight (and sometimes the power delivery), but for guys our size the weight doesn't matter as much because we have more of our own to throw around and our larger frames give us better leverage on larger bikes.

I can easily ride larger motorcycles that scare the hell out of the average rider.

^And you can always jump on the back of a 25 hp motorcycle driven by a 5'7" rider who has no idea why her bike just stopped moving as she's leaving the parking lot in the morning... :p

So, I had a good time practicing my high wind riding skills. Friday, we had basically all of Nevada desert blowing in right before the storm, and well, I decided to take the bike up to work. That night, I came down Parley's Canyon and the ride was "fuuunnn" thanks to the 65 mph winds.

I kept arms loose and released the weight on 'em, gripped the tank with the thighs, and kept the speed up... though 'twas not fun with the sharp turns when gravel, salt, leaves, and dust were kicked up obscuring the visibility. :?

I'm alive though. :)

Well, after 2 years, and 12,000 miles of riding my Honda cruiser, I got to try something different.....

That was the slowest I've ever seen anyone ride off on a fully functional unladen sport bike. :p

Last edited: