The Gun thread

Re: The Gun thread

Believe it or not Amazon has tons of accessories for firearms.

^Truth

My CMMG Revolution upper arrived today. :D

2012-12-21_17-17-26_545.jpg

Re: The Gun thread

The NRA needs to STFU, they are not helping.

Yep amazon has been fun to browse. Gun tomorrow to get some hands on look at some optics.

eBay quietly went back to allowing gun parts and accessories to be sold via them again, by the way. There's another source.

I ordered a Chaos Extended Quad Rail for the Saiga. Should be here in a week or so. This is what an S12 wearing it looks like:
DSC09604.jpg

Good riddance to the crappy stock iron sights. Aimpoint M2 + Magpul MBUS is the plan for this thing now, though I'm tempted to get the Chaos-built H&K style sights that bolt onto the ends of the rail.

IMG_20111229_183555.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice looking quad rail, I may be tempted by that at some point down the road. Unfortunately I badly need to replenish the coffers after the M1A purchase, and I still have two ARs to build.

May I ask how much you paid for the quadrail?

That's a nice looking quad rail, I may be tempted by that at some point down the road. Unfortunately I badly need to replenish the coffers after the M1A purchase, and I still have two ARs to build.

May I ask how much you paid for the quadrail?

That one is specific to the Saiga 12, though he's making one for the MKA 1919 shotgun if he gets enough pre-sales. There is a different one for the rifles.

He recently introduced a much longer version that goes all the way to the rear of the dust cover on the '12 and people have been buying that one more, so he's having a year end blowout on the Extended Quads - $99, instead of the usual $199. Had to jump on that after he announced that the sale would end soon on the S12 forums.

Here's his site, see his stuff for yourself: http://www.chaosus.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?display=home

However, if you have a rifle, there's another solution for mounting optics that works ridiculously well: http://texasweaponsystems.com/ These guys make the most secure rear rail system I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Sorry to double-post, but I thought I'd pass this on. If you want Israeli-made AR-15 mags, they're actually still available at pre-Panic prices.

http://www.themakogroup.com/category_s/119.htm

Per them:
We have E-Lander magazines in stock (except 40 rd. mags, more of which will be arriving in a few days).

The factory in Israel has bumped production up, transitioning to round-the clock shifts 24/7 to meet demand from the US. They are sending out shipments daily.

We are getting huge orders from distributors and large dealers, but we when we saw that many distributors are limiting magazine sales to their ?most important ? customers, we made the decision to keep a priority on orders from individuals and small dealers, who are being cut off by many manufacturers and distributors in favor of their bigger customers.

We will not be raising our prices.

They're the Israeli general-issue magazine, so you know they won't be crap. Some comments from the vendor on AR15.com:

Here is some info about the E-Lander magazines:

These are heavy-gauge steel magazines built for the Tavor and also M16 rifles for use by the IDF.
The magazines fit any weapon that can used standard USGI magazines.
The coating exceeds MIL-SPEC salt spray test requirements.
Floorplate is reinforced.
Followers are latest-generation anti-tilt followers with a self-lubricating polymer.
Followers are white for a reason - The Israeli method of fighting involves a chamber check any time the weapon runs dry, there is a malfunction, or the shooter finishes engaging a target - the shooter glances at the ejection port to verify the status of the weapon. This prevents the shooter from moving from one engagement to the next without realizing the rifle is jammed or empty. It also allows the shooter to assess a malfunction to determine the best way to clear it.

Special-ops troops in Israel began painting their followers white in order to be able to more easily see identify the status of the weapon in low light, and to mer easily tell if they were observing a cartridge or the follower in low light.
You don't see the white follower when the mag is loaded, so it does not matter what color it is until you need to see it through the ejection port, and then white is a big advantage.

Last edited:
Picked up my SR556e today, plenty to order for it and finding cheap ammo. Then to pay it off of the credit card.

6A2DCEF5-2CCF-4C55-BF07-5C8D4579C188-484-0000005A30B546FA.jpg

Picked up my SR556e today, plenty to order for it and finding cheap ammo. Then to pay it off of the credit card.

6A2DCEF5-2CCF-4C55-BF07-5C8D4579C188-484-0000005A30B546FA.jpg

Good luck on the cheap ammo for it. It seems like most places are out of 5.56 now.

I've had the best luck in posting up for foreign NATO country surplus on local and regional gun forums; I just found some guy locally who wants to sell me even more of that German NATO surplus 7.62 for less than half the going rate because it's 'furrin surplus' and 'it didn't work right in my lever action deer gun' which appear to be common reasons. A friend just got a similar deal on some recent production Danish 5.56.

Welcome to the piston AR club. :D Any plans for optics/BUIS upgrades?

Last edited:
Good luck on the cheap ammo for it. It seems like most places are out of 5.56 now.

I've had the best luck in posting up for foreign NATO country surplus on local and regional gun forums; I just found some guy locally who wants to sell me even more of that German NATO surplus 7.62 for less than half the going rate because it's 'furrin surplus' and 'it didn't work right in my lever action deer gun' which appear to be common reasons. A friend just got a similar deal on some recent production Danish 5.56.

Welcome to the piston AR club. :D Any plans for optics/BUIS upgrades?
Have a used Nikon m223 1-4x20 on the way.

The gun shop had pmc 223 for $10 a box(20) for those that buy guns from them. They also held pmags, so got an extra from them at $18.

Summary of Feinstein's new Assault Rifle ban: http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
Banning firearms with ?thumbhole stocks? and ?bullet buttons? to address attempts to ?work around? prior bans
Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

Yup. Bend over, here comes the stupid again.

That old biddy is in her 80s now, would it be too much to ask for her to keel over of natural causes already?

Last edited:
Keel over would be too good.

Photo and Fingerprint of any grandfathered weapon. I'm sure the criminals will line up right away to do that. Dumb bitch.

Only the good die young, all of the evil seems to live forever.

The Gun thread

Not to mention that if they become NFA, that's a $200 tax per weapon.

Can we get a petition to get her a mental evaluation?