The McLaren F1 successor

Nope, anything non-American he slates and then suggests something Made in America.

Probably not in this case (or any case in my opinion) due to the fact this would be him taking delivery of his own wheels.

Yes, Jay Leno's vast collection of non-american automobiles speaks volumes of his preference to everything American in every aspect.

10156024_656512557749304_7853880661288875074_n.jpg

I assume this is why they don't show off the engine bay with these new hybrid supercars. Not a pretty sight.

item4.rendition.slideshowHorizontal.ferrari-laferrari-ss05.jpg

The LaFerrari isn't too bad.

I assume this is why they don't show off the engine bay with these new hybrid supercars. Not a pretty sight.

Aren't you supposed to be an Engineer...? That's beautiful!

And that LaFerrari looks to me like the supercar equivalent of this:
MercedesBenz-engine-cover1.jpg

I don't see any engine cover panels on the LaFerrari. Looks to me like the engine was designed to be in the LaFerrari's body while the P1 engine looks more like an afterthought and not that much of a production car.
By the way what are those two extra pipes which attaches to the P1's silencer?

Aren't you supposed to be an Engineer...? That's beautiful!

And that LaFerrari looks to me like the supercar equivalent of this:

:dunno:

You can still be an engineer and appreciate neatness. I've fiddled with breadboards enough by now to appreciate things being laid out neat and tidy, however I am also an for saving weight where necessary. It is not necessary to put fancy panels over the engine if you have to undo bolts to get to it -- in other words it is not for viewing unless you're gonna perform maintenance.

I don't see any engine cover panels on the LaFerrari. Looks to me like the engine was designed to be in the LaFerrari's body while the P1 engine looks more like an afterthought and not that much of a production car.

Not using any panels saves weight? My picture could also very well be of a pre-production vehicle.

Rounding out the three...

10966.jpg

The 918's engine looks kind of cool in a 'classified cutting edge prototype' kind of way, but it doesn't look like any sort of piston engine from the top.

Eugh... it's like one of those android dolls without the silicone face cover. D:

Well all I see on that Ferrari are two CF-intakes, some CF over the engine, and some wires. Thats just as pointless to look at, hell, the freakin merc-bay looks at least clean.

i think that merc-bay is from that full-electric SLS?

Rounding out the three...

10966.jpg

The 918's engine looks kind of cool in a 'classified cutting edge prototype' kind of way, but it doesn't look like any sort of piston engine from the top.

Wow, changing out the sparkplugs on that's going to be a big job.

10156024_656512557749304_7853880661288875074_n.jpg

Pry said:

Yeah I dont want it anymore, cancelling my order.

It's been almost a month, and I'm still getting my head around the engine of a supercar being an afterthought :lol: