The Melbourne Meetup Thread - 14th of October > Yarra Valley and the Spurs

Thanks Tanakt! :)

Last night I watched the new Ep of TG. Wish we could replicate some of the video work on our Sunday cruise. I know it's a bit hard with 20+ vehicles. :lol:

Hmmmm... you mean the aerial shots and stuff? Helicopter anyone? :lol: I guess if we could station camera cars at certain corners as well as at a "lookout" along the route... but then they'd miss out on the driving. There are quite a few corners along the route which have a big run-off space...

Who's going to volunteer to do a *James May* impersonation and drive nude whilst pouring water down his front??? :blink: I can't 'cos I've got comfy seats, air-conditioning, power steering, windows, suspension and a stereo!

I won't be coming now. My car got broken into and I'm now missing a window :mad: Not looking forward to paying for the excess just because of someone else decided to break into my car

Have fun on the cruise though

Yep, I was parked in a back lot near the Jam Factory when some f**khead broke into the car and stole my finance's handbag... which had her engagement ring in it... :cry:

Amazingly, we decided to go for a walk around the block to try and find the dumped bag... it was in an abandoned house lot... all the stuff was spread out and the *ring* was still in it's pouch!!!! The guy only wanted cash and nothing else...

Hmmmm... you mean the aerial shots and stuff? Helicopter anyone? :lol: I guess if we could station camera cars at certain corners as well as at a "lookout" along the route... but then they'd miss out on the driving. There are quite a few corners along the route which have a big run-off space...

Who's going to volunteer to do a *James May* impersonation and drive nude whilst pouring water down his front??? :blink: I can't 'cos I've got comfy seats, air-conditioning, power steering, windows, suspension and a stereo!

Not to that exteme! :lol: There will be some nice panning corners along the way. Would be good to show our fellow overseas friends here what our cars look and sound like with the Aussie backdrop. :p Plus I would love to have a short clip of mine in action. :mrgreen:

Plus, it's going to be cold, so no nudey shots of me thanks (shrinkage may occur). :lol:

^I might be planning to do some drive by video camera footage... but we really need CBs to be organized for this... and my car isn't exactly that fast so I can pull ahead... but if I get my hands on the cam, some carpark entry and exit footage is definetly possible....

3 days guys :D... my car is in the workshop getting my strutbar installed, got my tyres rotated and pressure checked too :D

^I might be planning to do some drive by video camera footage... but we really need CBs to be organized for this... and my car isn't exactly that fast so I can pull ahead... but if I get my hands on the cam, some carpark entry and exit footage is definetly possible....

3 days guys :D... my car is in the workshop getting my strutbar installed, got my tyres rotated and pressure checked too :D

Haha someones excited :p

.... Oh who am I to speak, I have like 4 major assignments due next week and instead of preparing for those I'm preparing for the trip :rolleyes:

^ i've got the same car as you eddy except i couldn't make it to this cruise.
damn, i'll guess ill see you guys next time.
looking forward to your videos andy :p
have fun...

Keen man! :lol:

I'm gonna organise some tunes for the day, in car entertainment for my prep. :p

^c'mon admit it guys... I'm not the only one who's going to do some preperation for the cruise :p
But in my defense, my tyres were due for rotating in about 500km's thought I'll do it before the trip :D.

HiddenHunter... according to the news, it looks like the showers will clear over the weekend. Hope it does.

^c'mon admit it guys... I'm not the only one who's going to do some preperation for the cruise :p
But in my defense, my tyres were due for rotating in about 500km's thought I'll do it before the trip :D.

HiddenHunter... according to the news, it looks like the showers will clear over the weekend. Hope it does.

Last night's carwash was so effective i just couldn't believe my eyes... i haven't seen my ute this white all year! That's my only prep guys...

If you see me weaving back and forth, i am trying to get my tyres up to temperature :p
Everybody try to avoid doing a Vettel Webber re-enactment. ;)

Yep, I was parked in a back lot near the Jam Factory when some f**khead broke into the car and stole my finance's handbag... which had her engagement ring in it... :cry:

Amazingly, we decided to go for a walk around the block to try and find the dumped bag... it was in an abandoned house lot... all the stuff was spread out and the *ring* was still in it's pouch!!!! The guy only wanted cash and nothing else...

I was looking forward to giving the girl a bit of run, as I haven't really done that in Vic yet (the east coast of tassie on the other hand :mrgreen: ). Well now I'm going to spend my weekend vacuuming out the glass and hoping that my leather seats haven't been damaged, or the monogrammed B4 carpets aren't fucked because of being soaked. I'd have no clue how the smash repairer would fix those.

I'm also still half considering selling it now as I don't think it's my car any more, it's just some wankers piggy bank that they open with a brick :S

i am really sorry guys but my car has died. The clutch refuses to disengage so changing gear is nearly imposible. I will not be able to come on the cruise even though i was really looking forward to it
sorry bout the late notice
-crimson

OT: crimson - great avatar - but only 6500rpm?? Come on now, you know the 4AGE demands more than that... :p

Meanwhile, over the at the weather bureau, the magic 8-ball's latest forecast for tommorow:

Forecast for Sunday
A morning shower or two clearing to a partly cloudy day. Moderate west to
northwesterly wind.

Precis: Becoming fine.
City: Min 10 Max 19

<crosses fingers and toes that the morning showers can't be stuffed arriving>