The Melbourne Meetup Thread - 14th of October > Yarra Valley and the Spurs

Well I've just washed my car (tommorow was a handy excuse - it hadn't been washed for a few months). If it rains in the morning - well, it'll get dirty. And the cycle beings afresh.

Mines pretty clean from like 2 weeks ago, but it could be better, i was going to wash it tonight but after work i cbf doing it, and if it rain its going to look ok anyway.

real shame if it rains cause last week there has be some awesome weather around the area.

Maybe next cruise?

The Bureau have got out their tarot cards and given us reason for optimism:

Forecast for Sunday
Early drizzle patches then fine. Morning cloud clearing to a mostly sunny
afternoon. Moderate west to northwesterly wind and bayside seabreezes.

Precis: Becoming fine.
City: Min 12 Max 21

lol... fbc, is your homepage the weather statistics? You just posted one about 2 hours ago :p

But just checked ninemsn weather, looks like its a early drizzle... lets hope its a very very early drizzle so the roads are nice and dry by the time we hit the spurs :p (Or at least after lunch :D)

Everything shaping up well, booking made at the Black Spur Inn for 1pm - 1:30pm, damn Fiat club beat me to the 12:30pm - 1pm slot :-x

A quick note for everyone, if for any reason you need to contact me prior to the meet, PM me for my mobile phone number this evening. Alternatively I'll be available on 2way channel 14 from 9:45am if you're within range of the university.

Last edited:
the vista gadget pegs it at 21 and overcast,

see you guys tommorow :D

Have fun tomorrow guys! Look forward to seeing some pictures of you ugly bastards and your cars :p

damn Fiat club beat me to the 12:30pm - 1pm slot :-x

FIAT club???

So what a group of guys with X1/9s and .... well thats about the only Fiat here other than the new Puntos....

Can we run them over or something? I'll get my mate with the big black explorer to come (actually its burgundy but he's having it resprayed) :p

They might hold us up on the Black Spur. :p

I am restoring a Lancia, so I'm allowed to bag Italian cars. :lol:

Oh, do I have to bring some batteries for the walkie-talkie Tank?

.......... as for the weather, might hold out for us! Awesome!! :)

OT: crimson - great avatar - but only 6500rpm?? Come on now, you know the 4AGE demands more than that... :p

Yeah i was sitting still at the time i took the photos i used so i didn't want to sit on the red line while i lined up the shot.

:D I love the 7.7K redline :D

Enjoy, from your FG mates in Adelaide!

The clouds have cleared, it's heating up. Today is going to be a GREAT day.

See you at the uni.

I am sitting at home looking out at great weather wishing i had a working car, hope all of u guys have a great time out at the spur