The "New Toys" Thread

Shawn earlier want a comparison view soz its late but heres the dopod compared to the V3
picture.jpg

DHL is awful. Often times they don't even actually "deliver" it, even though that will be the status on their web page. They actually drop it off at the post office, and then the post office delivers it later.

The company I work for used DHL for about 4 months. After several hundred lost packages (from just over 100 stores who were shipping with them) we went back to UPS: the savings were just not worth it. Another annoying thing: After 2 weeks, they "archive" their shipment info. So, if someone is quoted 2 weeks, and they wait for 2 weeks and 1 day before they check to see where the package it, they can't do it. You have to file a "special customer service inquiry" with them, in which someone actually has to search through their data on a different system, and call you back.

Now, this was about 2-3 years ago, and I can only hope they have improved.

Oh, yeah...and their drivers would show up not in any sort of uniform. Theyed walk into the back room of our store, and just start grabbing boxes. More than once, we thought just some random dude was coming into our stockroom, and taking boxes.

Nope. They haven't changed a bit. I ordered some books from amazon UK and they never arrived and DHL couldn't ever locate them for me. My dad also sent a suit DHL from london to here and he had to give them a copy of his birth certificate and original SSN card to get the damn thing thru customs.

shadowpriest! cool =)

Ooooo, Frozenshadoweave + Spellstrike set. You must be rich. At least a lot richer than me.

http://img530.imageshack.**/img530/6923/billede028jq5.jpg
http://img505.imageshack.**/img505/7761/billede029rj8.jpg

Yes, got another one today :)

Ok, now buy a decent photocamera.

I still don't get the two-mobile-phones-hype though. Twice the radiation through your reproductive organs? Doesn't sound like that much fun to me.

Ok, now buy a decent photocamera.

I still don't get the two-mobile-phones-hype though. Twice the radiation through your reproductive organs? Doesn't sound like that much fun to me.

What?

1) Got the Purple one free as a Work phone (I don't want everyone to have my private number, my work phone gets turned off when i go home)

2) If you think Mobile phones give off any meaningful radiation your a retard.

3) I don't need a photo camera, when i had one i always forgot to take it with me (If i even bothered) And now i have a phone with a 5MP camera and a decent lense which is all i need, and it's always with me.

Happy birthday! :beer:
Now make sure you don't go to Albania... otherwise there may be someone there with both Bush's watch and yours in his collection... :)

Cool watch!

Just got this monster:

.....and it rocks! Standard clocks are 500/1600 and so far I've got it up to 625/1900 with the stock cooler and the temp only went up 1 degree :) Great improvement over my 7900GS.

Are you stocking up for DIRT? Thats hit the scene btw... Got it last night... Dunno if I should play it or not.

1) Got the Purple one free as a Work phone (I don't want everyone to have my private number, my work phone gets turned off when i go home)

same here

and since i work for a telephone company, i could have my number changed to our network, and call for free

i just asked for a new number. and kept my private number with another company. i don't want them to know it.

PS: i just spend 2 days translating that site to english. so if anyone is bored, he is free to check for errors ;) let me know if you find some :)

Last edited:
Are you stocking up for DIRT?

haha, how did you know? ;)

This is the most hardware intensive racer I've played, and the best looking too.

Congrats Jeffy. It's an awesome card indeed especially with the eVGA trade-in policy. Welcome to the 8800 GTS owners club. :cheers:
And don't forget. 8XAA and 16XAnisotropic it is!

I'm off to play DiRT. ;)

Thanks swek, I'm loving it so far :thumbup:

Of course we can and if you happen to tell us how to display the frames per second I could even give you a comparison.

So much I can tell, It's really fluent on Ultra so far.

Can any of you guys play it on the ultra settings? I only get about 9 fps :(

So far I only have the demo, but I play it on Ultra, except with shadows on high and no motion blur. At 1280 x 1024, I average 50fps on the Subaru Impreza - Germany stage. With the buggies, I get about 45fps. It seems really smooth to me. Dropping the shadows to high gave me a good little boost in the framerate. Supposedly, according to Codemasters, the Ultra settings are for tomorrow's hardware, but I find these settings to work really well.

Swek, I don't know if there is an in-game fps display, but I use FRAPS (it's free).

Speedtouch, I think the game is amazing, but I don't think the PS3 version is going to be out for awhile yet.

I have played it for about three minutes so far. So I can't really comment. Sadly it seems to have some Vista issues since it just locked up three seconds ago. Before that I had random stuttering. MAybe I should wait for the path first. :think:

So far I only have the demo, but I play it on Ultra, except with shadows on high and no motion blur. At 1280 x 1024, I average 50fps on the Subaru Impreza - Germany stage. With the buggies, I get about 45fps. It seems really smooth to me. Dropping the shadows to high gave me a good little boost in the framerate. Supposedly, according to Codemasters, the Ultra settings are for tomorrow's hardware, but I find these settings to work really well.

Swek, I don't know if there is an in-game fps display, but I use FRAPS (it's free).

Speedtouch, I think the game is amazing, but I don't think the PS3 version is going to be out for awhile yet.

Fraps swek! its been around for years and years!

Sorry, forgot to mention at 1680x1050.

At 1280x1024 its playable, but that looks odd on a widescreen :/