The "New Toys" Thread

Got me a pair of these:

shift-premium-bluetooth-audio.png

The part with all teh stuff in it is kind of big, I'm still not too sure if I like them or will end up returning.

Got me a pair of these:

View attachment 11081

The part with all teh stuff in it is kind of big, I'm still not too sure if I like them or will end up returning.

I've got a pair of those. I like them, but I don't think they're worth the $130, if that's still what they go for.

I've got a pair of those. I like them, but I don't think they're worth the $130, if that's still what they go for.

These are the new ones I think Bluebuds X, they go for $170. I like that they are pretty compact and I like that it comes with some cable management so you can make it nice and tight to your head. What I'm still unsure of is how well they will stay in my ears, the stabilizing fins make it worse for me... Sound quality is better than my LG Tones at least.

So me helping neighburs on their it problems has finally paid off.

I got used lenovo t400 notebook (c2d p8700 2,53GHz, 2GB ram, 300Gb hd) and lenovo 22" L2250pw -screen.

:eek:

I just bought a spare key for my car on eBay. $109 for an uncut transponder key.

Very happy with the find, considering Alfa Romeo want $550 for the same item.

$_12.JPG

It's here, yayyyy \o/

_full.jpg

Fingers crossed this one will last with me longer than the last one (1.5 years). I think after this one I might have to start looking for a completely new mouse, Roccat Kone XTD perhaps?

LG 24EB23PY-W (24" AH IPS-panel, white LED-backlight, 1920x1200), at the moment I have a 6 year old 20" monitor. 27" is just too big, I had one briefly at work but went back to 22" there. Additionally, I don't have enough space for a 27" monitor at home.

It was "free" or rather as kind of compensation for working my ass off for the last 1 1/2 months...
I had the choice between a bonus payment or some IT-hardware, I chose the monitor because otherwise I would have to pay taxes on the bonus payment.

<pic was here>

LG 24EB23PY-W (24" AH IPS-panel, white LED-backlight, 1920x1200), at the moment I have a 6 year old 20" monitor. 27" is just too big, I had one briefly at work but went back to 22" there. Additionally, I don't have enough space for a 27" monitor at home.

It was "free" or rather as kind of compensation for working my ass off for the last 1 1/2 months...
I had the choice between a bonus payment or some IT-hardware, I chose the monitor because otherwise I would have to pay taxes on the bonus payment.

1920x1200! \o/

1920x1200! \o/
I specifically wanted a monitor with a 16:10 aspect ratio, 16:9 is too wide for me. Additionally, at 1920x1200 I can reuse my old wallpapers which are all 16:10 aspect ratio. ;) Unfortunately there are no 24" monitors with 2560x1600, but then again my graphics card would struggle with that resolution anyway when I play the occasional game.

I've got a 16:9 and two 4:3's. I think that adds up to something neat. Minus points for mismatched pixel densities, though to be honest nothing ever spans them, so I never actually notice during normal use.

I specifically wanted a monitor with a 16:10 aspect ratio, 16:9 is too wide for me. Additionally, at 1920x1200 I can reuse my old wallpapers which are all 16:10 aspect ratio. ;) Unfortunately there are no 24" monitors with 2560x1600, but then again my graphics card would struggle with that resolution anyway when I play the occasional game.

One of us! One of us!

I'm waiting for the 3840x2400 panels to show up myself.

I have 2 16:9 screens side by side. How's that for wide? :p

Oh yeah? I've got 3 16:10 screens side-by-side! :tease:

8-bit IPS panels, too!

^5

8-bit+AFR for 10-bit on my U2410s. All wide gamut with colour profiles sortof setup to not oversaturate sRGB stuff

Picked this up from Amazon.com because blue backs aren't sold in the UK. Not so bad though, because I had an Amazon.com giftcard I won years and years ago, paid with that so didn't cost me a penny.

CyanBack_zps9af4e7b3.jpg

CyanBack2_zps7e47872d.jpg