The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

I went to see this Bill Hicks special on the big screen earlier tonight. This was not planned because I did not know about it until a few hours before the show. But as a bonus, I found out the entire Bill hicks catalog will be opened for viewing via HULU and an app from Comedy Dynamics. And then to add to it all, there is a new DVD box set coming out, plus a new album of unreleased material.

More here

Reactions: MWF
Jealous.

my day so far:

wake up
make coffee
make porridge
have breakfast
check e-mails
find out that I'll be going to Brazil in early August

Can't complain! :woot:

You forgot to eat one moose.

You would need to make it to Ringmeet this year to get that one which now looks unlikely. :(

my day so far:

wake up
make coffee
make porridge
have breakfast
check e-mails
find out that I'll be going to Brazil in early August

Can't complain! :woot:

Where in Brazil?
FG Micromeet? :lol:

I'll be in Sao Paulo, but in July, and only for one week.

Aw, shucks.
S?o Paulo is some 700 miles away from me.

You forgot to eat one moose.
Hmmm... do tigers eat moose? If they even meet, that is.

You would need to make it to Ringmeet this year to get that one which now looks unlikely.
Yeah... nothing against the Ringmeet, but I prefer visiting my host family.

Where in Brazil?
I'll arrive at Guarulhos on the 7th at stupid o'clock in the morning. After that, I can do whatever I want. That includes travelling to Natal, possibly to Vit?ria and maybe somewhere else... haven't really started planning, but I'll do so soon.

FG Micromeet? :lol:
You're in Porto Alegre, right? I've never been to the South, but would like to go. :think:

Second piece in a month now on Hooniverse. :mouse:

All feedback gratefully received even if you think it's crap.

I made dinner reservations for mothers day and I got my student loan payments reduced!

Second piece in a month now on Hooniverse. :mouse:

All feedback gratefully received even if you think it's crap.

Excellent!

Reactions: MWF
decided to go for a little bike ride because of 20?C and sunshine... it might be possible i've never had a better idea in my life. god damn that was a good idea. i'm actually quite baffled by this, because come on, it was just a 40 minute bike ride! :D

wohoo, couldn't have wished for a better start to the weekend!
also, okcupid works, even here. but that has absolutely nothing to do with anything... also no, nothing to report on that front, no :|

edit: now it's starting to freak me out. how can just riding around on my bike for 40 minutes in the best possible weather at the start of a long weekend possibly make me feel this great? ... wait :lol: ... nope, still freaking me out!

Last edited:
decided to go for a little bike ride because of 20?C and sunshine... it might be possible i've never had a better idea in my life. god damn that was a good idea. i'm actually quite baffled by this, because come on, it was just a 40 minute bike ride! :D

wohoo, couldn't have wished for a better start to the weekend!
also, okcupid works, even here. but that has absolutely nothing to do with anything... also no, nothing to report on that front, no :|

edit: now it's starting to freak me out. how can just riding around on my bike for 40 minutes in the best possible weather at the start of a long weekend possibly make me feel this great? ... wait :lol: ... nope, still freaking me out!

Being in the sun helps your body produce vitamin D and that helps positive outlook. Exercise releases all sorts of chemicals in the brain. There is a reason they call it a "Runner's High".

that's what i keep telling myself, but still, i usually go for a run or a ride on my bike at least twice a week. and yesterday was... well, different :p

Helloooo, back again with the double-post-thread-revive. What's going on, nobody having good days or anything anymore?

Anyhoooooo... had a date, it went well, solid foundation for whatever is to come. Nothing really exciting happened, but we got called "soooo cute" by a girl from the next table over, so there's that :p I'm content with the way things went... didn't want to accelerate too much, been out of the whole spiel for too long... no idea what I'm doing, so whatever :)

Where are you going?