The Ultimate macOS Thread

^i'm not as good as a computer geek, but i'm not sure how to get the motherboard to load a EFI system for a mac to boot natively? cause with BIOS systems you need a hackintosh osx86 cd. most up to date retail cd would be 10.6 snow leopard as 10.7 would be lion. you probably need updates to get it to the latest version of snow leopard.

and i'm thinking about purchasing ram for the macbook pro i will be purchasing on wednesday - instead of telling apple to do an upgrade for me which is a fortune, so i was wondering if any aussies can chime in as to where are the good places to buy ram from? or other good rep online stores that ship internationally. i'm looking at the kingston 8gb (2x4GB) hyper x notebook ram for the new early 2011 macbook pro 15" - product code KHX1600C9S3P1K2/8G, update version of KHX1600C9S3K2/8G as it was discontinued. here is a website I found but i'm not sure if reliable...?? pcsuperstore link

many thanks!!!

So nobody knows anything or has any resources on installing OS X on a Sandy Bridge based system?

Oh that's easy.

Check out TonyMacx86. They have fantastic resources. I've installed OSX on my rig a couple times, but these new 2xxx series imacs make life a lot easier. I'd week within a week the proper drivers will be out.

Oh that's easy.

Check out TonyMacx86. They have fantastic resources. I've installed OSX on my rig a couple times, but these new 2xxx series imacs make life a lot easier. I'd week within a week the proper drivers will be out.

I'll check it out, thanks for actually being helpful. I know recent Macs make it easier but I just wasn't sure how easily I would find an image with the right drivers for SB.

Great avatar by the way! :lol:

From what I hear, it's not hard at all.

I've just upgraded to Lion DP2 for real on my hackintosh, and it fixed my Nvidia GTX 460 crash problems. It's also shiny. Everything seems to work fine, except that I haven't actually persuaded VoodooHDA to load yet. I haven't needed sound though, so I haven't really tried.

No, it actually seems incredibly easy now that I've looked at some guides.

But I decided to just forget about it... I'm already having issues with my eSATA controller in Windows and apparently others had such huge issues with a similar motherboard under OS X that they just bought new eSATA controller cards.

I would have to install OS X on an eSATA drive and I can't fit any new cards in my case... plus, I thought about it and realized I probably wouldn't even boot into OS X all that much. I would still use W7 mainly so OS X would just be for messing around, and I've owned Macs before so I have no desire for that now.

Yeah, shut down fine when I ran it myself. Do I just compile and save then set Transmission to run it when downloads are complete?

I ask because when I run it manually, the Apple Scripter window pops up and I then have to press Run in the Scripter window to shut the PC down - it doesn't just run straight away.

Sorry - just got my first Mac a week ago so I know absolutely nothing about this stuf!

I know its been a while and you already got your answer but I just came across this and figured I'll post it
http://www.tuaw.com/2011/05/11/tuaws-daily-mac-app-shuttie/

Well, actually you can just remove the center part that's got everything and then put your own guts in it without modifying anything, it will just require a bit more work :)
Or you can just put a Mac Mini inside :p