Transformers

I just wish action movies returned to the perfect formula of "Raiders of the Lost Ark",
it had just about everything it needed.

I heard something about VW not allowing them to use the image of the Beetle.

Same with Jazz not being a Porsche, something about VW/Porsche not wanting their cars to headline in a violent movie. Could be BS, but that was the reasoning I heard.

Last edited:
I'm not the kind to go against the grain just for the sake of going against the grain. And I am not criticizing you for liking something that I did not.
I just don't see how you can say: "I went into the theater not expecting much, but the movie failed to fulfill even my lowest expectations."

The movie was exactly what it was advertised as. Watch the trailer 50 times in a row and you'll have the whole movie. I can guarantee I had higher expectations then you going into the film, and can honestly say, no bs, that my expectations were surpassed. I don't mind that you didn't like the film, it's just the quote above that bothers me. You must of had impossibly high expectations of this film for it to not even met your lowest hopes.

That is all.

I just don't see how you can say: "I went into the theater not expecting much, but the movie failed to fulfill even my lowest expectations."

The movie was exactly what it was advertised as. Watch the trailer 50 times in a row and you'll have the whole movie. I can guarantee I had higher expectations then you going into the film, and can honestly say, no bs, that my expectations were surpassed. I don't mind that you didn't like the film, it's just the quote above that bothers me. You must of had impossibly high expectations of this film for it to not even met your lowest hopes.

That is all.

I was basically expecting 300 with robots. I was expecting the entire movie to be huge mech fights and explosions galore. I would call that a low expectation, because all you need to pull that off is a decent imagination and a big budget. Alright? That was my expectation, the movie would focus on the battle of Autobots vs. Decepticons with lots of hot Optimus Prime on Megatron action. I normally can't stand those types of movies (like 300 in fact) but it's Transformers after all.

But much of the movie was lame human interaction and awful attempts at humor. Megatron was not introduced until much later in the movie, and all the robots were given very brief introductions (practically none in regards to the Decepticons). So when they actually got around to fighting, I just didn't care anymore.

Now would you agree that, based on what I said, my expectations were not fulfilled? I really wasn't expecting Oscar-worthy performances.

It's obvious your expectations were not fulfilled. And there probably wasn't a chance that they would.

300 with robots? I don't think expectations can get any higher then that.

Just saw it yesterday, and I liked it. It's not as awesome as some reviews had made me believe, but it wasn't as retardedly boring others had said. Of course, there's some good 20-30 minutes that either should have been left out or filled with more giant robots duking it out in a big city. And of course, there were several "comedy" situations that didn't belong there and were utterly ridiculous, but the end result wasn't as bad as it could have been, specially with Bay at the helm.

Meh, watched it and didnt really like it, just my opinion.

Did anyone see the mysterious 1/18/08 trailer before the start of the movie? im talking about this one

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvex7lU_kOA[/YOUTUBE]

and someone's funny analysis of the trailer

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=filMlR3JYVk[/YOUTUBE]

The only reason for them not to tell us the title would be because it already has some meaning to us. That means it's either a remake or a sequel. My money is on a remake.

The trailer looked interesting, looking forward to it. However this movie is the first one I wanna see. HOT ROD :mrgreen:

The only reason for them not to tell us the title would be because it already has some meaning to us. That means it's either a remake or a sequel. My money is on a remake.

My thoughts on this are that it could potentially be a new movie,
they didn't give the name of the movie,
but they showed the producer's name JJ Abrams ( Lost, Alias ).

This viral campaign is aimed at people who went to see Transformers,
internet users ( because they pulled the trailer, and made it into an internet sensation )
and of course, people who know the name JJ Abrams, and are Lost and/or Alias fans.

What bugs me is the destruction of New York. Either they think the public are desensitized about the destruction on 9/11, or the movie's plot is somehow
connected to New York, and no other city could do.

If it's just a remake, I hope it's Flash Gordon :lol:

How many times has Hollywood destroyed New York?

Seriously, let's do the tally:

Planet of the Apes (the original one)
The Day After Tomorrow
Independence Day
Deep Impact

Fail-Safe (great movie)
Escape From New York (it was already destroyed at the start of the film, but I'll count it)
I Am Legend (the original, Omega Man took place in LA)

In what other films was New York destroyed?

The Day After Tomorrow
Independence Day
Deep Impact

Fail-Safe (great movie)
Escape From New York (it was already destroyed at the start of the film, but I'll count it)

Armageddon (NYC gets peppered by a meteor shower). That's really well done, especially the meteor that goes straight through the Chrysler building, shattering tonnes of glass.

The Day After Tomorrow
Independence Day
Deep Impact

Fail-Safe (great movie)

As I said, movies AFTER 9/11 2001.

I know that's what you said, it just got me thinking is all

Well honestly. It was a horribly made film but I enjoyed it. Seeing the dude pick the Solstice over the much better looking :D Sky next to it upset me :cry:.

But the Camaro was pretty kick ass in both old and new form. Also I like the robots in general and Megan didn't hurt either.

Anyone else find it creepy what the 2 humans were doing at the end...on top of Bumblebee...get a room

Dave Letterman jerking off an Optimus Prime toy on his show, haha

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7IFMIaIUwM[/YOUTUBE]