Wanting to travel outside the US: A choice to make.

are all fricken insane.

thats not bad :D

but Im perhaps going on a limb here suggesting Iceland .... cause I live here.

Nice people, the stupid Opera house is opening in 2011, exchange rate is awesome for everyone that comes here, however it is quite cold still in March, but not that cold, i mean just take a jacket ..... and another ...... and another.

You can see the Jokulsarlon (Ice lake) can see it in Top Gear when Hammster races a engine powered kayak, I dont know if you will be able to go to Eyjafjallajokull then, but its prohibited now, but there are other glaciers, like Snaefellsjokull, considered the most beautiful glacier in Iceland, Blue Lagoon, snowmobile, ATV or Superjeep tour.

see the f**k you building, the boob (Perlan) and the penis-mall.

and more.

But if i were going to Japan or Australia, I'd pick AU, however in March its beautiful in Japan

I couldn't survive in a country where I couldn't even pronounce the names of the lakes or mountains. :p

All I have to say on the topic of food... Kangaroo is damn tasty. If I could get it here in the States, i'd eat quite a bit of it.

Yeah... Austrialia. Definately.

Japan, because Australia is too similar.

Australia similar to the US?????

Compared to Japan yes, but just putting Australia and the US next to each other with no third country as a comparison.... no. Just no.

And I'm not even going to defend NSW from the Victorian slagging at the moment, not when we are fucked up like this....

Actually, if you come over to Aus (specifically NSW) around March next year you should get to see the slaughter of our current state political party in power!!!! That would be something interesting....

Actually, if you come over to Aus (specifically NSW) around March next year you should get to see the slaughter of our current state political party in power!!!! That would be something interesting....

Why does your idea of a holiday involve politics? :p

Well, after reading all this and doing some thinking, I've decided.

Japan it is.

Being that this trip is still 6 months away, I'm going to take some free japanese lessons at one of the local colleges. I'm big on knowing the countries language that I visit. Kind of a respect thing. Plus I think that would go far with whom ever I meet.

I've spoken to a travel agent and she agreed on the timing of the trip. Later in the week, I'm going to see her so she can give me more info and save me some money on the flight.

Thanks to all who have given me some great info.

Australia similar to the US?????

Compared to Japan yes, but just putting Australia and the US next to each other with no third country as a comparison.... no. Just no.

And I'm not even going to defend NSW from the Victorian slagging at the moment, not when we are fucked up like this....

Of course compared to Japan. Its more foreign than Canada, but less foreign than every other non-English speaking country in the world.

Japan it is.

Being that this trip is still 6 months away, I'm going to take some free japanese lessons at one of the local colleges. I'm big on knowing the countries language that I visit. Kind of a respect thing. Plus I think that would go far with whom ever I meet.

I've spoken to a travel agent and she agreed on the timing of the trip. Later in the week, I'm going to see her so she can give me more info and save me some money on the flight.

Thanks to all who have given me some great info.

good choice.

Japan it is.

If you want any specific advice let me know and I'll see what I can do, I've lived here nearly 10 years.

Last I checked, it was out of stock, but it appears to be back instock now... I'm seriously placing an order :-D

Cool. BTW, that was by no means a recommendation for that site/shop, it was the first one that came up in a google search.