Was heading home from the herb shop yesterday, when I had to pull over because

Polish

Car(s)
300ZX Twin Turbo
of this. A McLaren F1. I've never seen one in person before, and I'm not one to let such an opportunity pass. When I got out of my car and walked up to it, it turns out this particular one is the XP4 Prototype. Only 5 prototypes were ever made, and only 3 of them still exist, which I didn't learn until reading about it after the fact. The owner was with a McLaren employee, and it appears they were heading out for a drive. It hauled ass down the road and then took a right just as fast as it was going straight. Brilliant machine.

Here are the pics:

L4Eiw.jpg

uNbR4.jpg

But the story continues! Remember that excellent review of the McLaren F1 that Tiff Needell did on Top Gear long ago? This was the very video that introduced the McLaren F1 to me, and I must have watched it a thousand times as a kid. Well, I decided to fire it up again this morning. Lo and behold, Tiff is driving the XP4 Prototype, the exact car I saw!!!! How cool is that!? Here it is:

[video=youtube;t7Azl-drqMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Azl-drqMk[/video]

So I got to meet a Top Gear legend. :D :D :D

Funny story though, as they were getting in the car to head out, the owner asked me if I could help him shut the door from the side he got in. He said they were prototype doors and didn't shut easily. The first time I didn't slam it down hard enough, but I got it the second. Can't be too careful with someone else's McLaren. :p

Why is this in the Top Gear section?

Nice pics BTW.

So gorgeous!

Congrats on this find, I'd have pulled over in an instant as well. To me, this still is the best supercar of all time until this day.

I was so lucky to once see one take off on the Autobahn in front of me, and I once visited the McLaren shop in London and snapped a few pics of the one they have there.

Am I the only one who is wondering if "heading home from the herb shop" means the OP had just been to buy some weed?

Awesome car! Right timing! Not sure about the colour though ........

Awesome car! Right timing! Not sure about the colour though ........

Funny how that works, because it's my favorite color of all of the ones I've seen. :)