Would anyone like to see TopGear visit Australia?

Would anyone like to see TopGear visit Australia?

• Total voters
I only just found this thread, but I knew that that's exactly what they'd do from the first post. Go to the shittest place in the entire country which has well below 1% of the entire population, and drive along the Stuart Hwy which also has a very bad reputation.

I can just imagine it now - "oh my god, there's someone sitting over there sniffing petrol!"

Why don't they go to Sydney, or Melbourne, and show people what Australia is really like. I've lived here my whole life and don't know a single person who has ever been to the "outback".

You obviously haven't been along the Stuart Highway, the Northern Territory has some of the best roads in Australia. It's a shame they removed the unlimited speed limits, becuase the roads are really good there, so the unlimited speed limit made sense.

I don't know what the 'bad reputation' is that you are talking about...it doesn't have a bad reputation.

And you can count me as one person who has been to the "outback."

I've been to the outback a few times, so now you know two people that have been there

Ive also been to the Outback. Three people you now know who have been there!!

An episode set in Australia would be fantastic. I would love to see the team driving HSV's, FPV's... and possibly visiting Perth (Shame it's in the middle of nowhere though). An East-coast race from Sydney to Melbourne would be better perhaps :)

I only just found this thread, but I knew that that's exactly what they'd do from the first post. Go to the shittest place in the entire country which has well below 1% of the entire population, and drive along the Stuart Hwy which also has a very bad reputation.

I can just imagine it now - "oh my god, there's someone sitting over there sniffing petrol!"

Why don't they go to Sydney, or Melbourne, and show people what Australia is really like. I've lived here my whole life and don't know a single person who has ever been to the "outback".

I travel a lot for work, and was in Darwin last month, and Melbourne a few days ago. I've been to the outback and I think it would be a fascinating story to do it there.

Hopefully we as Australians do not need to feel so insecure as to get the good crockery out and sweep everyone else under the carpet.

"Oh, please, just come to Melbourne. We are multi-cultural and have art and drink chai-lattes". It's not a freaking infomercial you get on a Qantas inbound flight. It's Top Gear, so sit on your hand and grin at the piss-ripping J.Clarkson is about to partake in.

OMFG!!!

You mean the boys may have been in Adelaide recently!?!? :jawdrop:

I'm just disappointed they didn't take me up on my offer for a beer (I forget where I posted it - somewhere on the FG forum, I suspect) should they ever get to Adelaide. ;)

An East-coast race from Sydney to Melbourne would be better perhaps :)

I'm not so sure I'd like to see a Sydney to Melbourne race. After having moved from the home of Aussie motorsport Bathurst to Melbourne a few years back I know just how boring the Hume Hwy is. Done the Melbourne to Sydney trip a number of times now and it just wouldn't make for good tv in my opinion, 1000+km of mostly straight road with lots of highway patrol cops in between doesn't bode well in my opinion!

I'm with the people who suggest the great ocean road as a possible location. They would have to go in winter though seeing as how all summer the road is blocked up by caravan-ers (they should be banned from such a beautiful road). I went down there with a mate last winter and had an awesome day. We came back pretty late at night and there were no other cars on the road so had a chance to open up the throttle some more, with the sat nav keeping up well informed as to the upcoming corners;) .

Anyway, I would definitely love to see TG down under as soon as possible. Australia has such a unique car culture and it would be great to share it with the billion or so TG viewers around the world!

Why not and Adelaide-Melbourne race using the Great Ocean Road and the Overland train?

Perhaps they could test the Redback Spyder? (sorry if someones already mentioned it)

Ive also been to the Outback. Three people you now know who have been there!!

Four.

I doubt very much they'd go to the worst areas of Australia where there are your indigenous people sniffing petrol. Not unless they want to make some sort of political statement which means nothing in the UK. They'd be better off running a Wolf Creek meets Russell Coight gag.

Perhaps they could test the Redback Spyder? (sorry if someones already mentioned it)

SBS held a contest earlier in the year to come up with suggestions for what Top Gear should test if they came down here. The Redback was a pretty popular suggestion.

hmm... well i'd say bring them to tasmania... where we have roads worth driving...

Can anyone suggest any other ways to get our campagn out. I've already emailed Top Gear itself, Polls have already been done. It is a good idea to write a letter to Top Gear Magazine could it help or will it fall on to Deaf ears. I'm sick and tired of Australia being over looked for other countries such as America and the rest of Europe. i have nothing against these countries but they have done too many segments in these places. This is how they run out of ideas and this has lead to Jeremy to Question about the future of the show.

Kidnap Andy Wilman mabey? Im sure our euro members could hook that up

They could buy an Aussie car for a budget, then do it up for the Targa Tasmania??

Well if anyone would like to write to Andy Wilman to express their desire to see Top Gear visit Australia, you can send your letters to-

Andy Wilman
Top Gear
Room 4356
BBC White City
201 Wood Lane
London
W12 7TS

Letters from people in Britain who would like to see it happen would be particularly helpful as it is the British public that the BBC was created to service.

I picked up the September issue of TG Magazine yesterday. Looks like a TG Mag correspondent recently took an FPV F6 Typhoon ute for a fang from Adelaide-Darwin.

Methinks this trip might have been done around April-May, and could have been the catalyst for all those rumours going around about Top Gear being in Adelaide a few months back. So, the rumours were (sort of) accurate - Top Gear WAS in Adelaide, sort of.