Would you let Top Gear/The Stig thrash YOUR car around the TG test track?

Would you let Top Gear/The Stig thrash YOUR car around the TG test track?

• Total voters
I dont think my car would die, so sure, why not. my car is still under warranty, and I don't drive a GT-R so track days don't void the warranty.

Inspired by the series 7 ep with Chris Eccelstone where TG had to search the country and 'borrow' an AT Suzuki Liana for him to drive...and pound the crap out of.

Ok, before you respond to this poll, it is accompanied by some strict rules.

1. Yes TG the show will financially compensate you for the use of your car, but its nothing great, about 30% of the estimated fair market value of your car. i.e. if you lend your $100K sports car, then you get about $30K compensation
if its a $1000 beater, then you get about $300 back, either way if the car is destroyed you won't get anywhere near enough money to replace it with an equivalent.

Yeah I could. My d/d car is an absolute pile. It's an 88' Chrysler k-car.

2. They make you sign a legal waiver so no matter what happens to the car, they are not responsible for fixing/replacing parts aside from exterior cosmetic damage or tires/wheels. Damage/wear to tranny, engine, etc...tough.

If it breaks, I'd spend a couple hundred bucks and buy another one...or another turbododge parts car.

3. The power lap will be shown on national/international TV so all your friends get to see the Stig give your car a go AND the time will be posted on the power laps board, so either ppl will be amazed and how relatively quick your car is...or laugh and mock you for how pathetically slow it is, despite all your bragging that your car is fast.

I can deal with that.

4. You get to also take a test drive around the TG track yourself in your own car AND you get to drive the SIARPC so your time can be added to the celebrity power lap board.

Where do I sign up? lol

5. And please respond only IF you actually own a car, we're not speaking hypothetically if you owned <insert fantasy car here> but if the Stig had a go with your real life car

So, would you do it, assuming your car has the potential to be very effed up with no guarantee of it being totally fixed?

In a heartbeat.

I'd LOVE to see my Kia Rio do a lap in Stigs "hands". In fact, just to see "him/it" get in the car, would be my car greatest dream. (yes, my car does have dreams)

I have an '84 Civic sitting around, I'd let them use that for certain.

My regular daily driver? Perhaps not, I still need it, and don't have enough money to replace it. If I did have enough to replace it (or conveniently won a different car), sure. If it goes out, why not with a bang?

My 80's Diplomat would break a hip on the first corner.

The Stig would be quite comfortable, however.

2. They make you sign a legal waiver so no matter what happens to the car, they are not responsible for fixing/replacing parts aside from exterior cosmetic damage or tires/wheels. Damage/wear to tranny, engine, etc...tough.

Nah. Knowing TopGear and their new idea of "entertainment", they'd probably get bored and set the car on fire, before or after they drop a piano on it.

Hell no!
And Lutefisk is disgusting!

No, not under those terms.

The last time someone lent them a vintage Jaguar for use on the track (one of the very few surviving C-Types), they shredded the tires, boiled away the clutch and twisted the driveshaft because they thought it would be fun to have the Stig do smoking burnouts, doughnuts, and other hooliganism with the actual C-Type that won Le Mans.. Not cool. Sure, they said it would be driven hard, but there's a difference between "driven hard," which the C-Type proved it could take by winning the gruelling Le Mans race, and abuse, which is what Perry Whatsisface did to it when he was the Stig.

Which probably explains why nobody else will lend them any of the other historic Jags for use on the track.

I'd love to see the stig do a lap in my white 1.3L 2001 toyota yaris verso. I'd laugh my ass off. But they can forget about my '98 audi 1.8 TQ :p

I won't let anyone rape my car.

I know my car would post a respectable time, and yes I would love to see just how fast it could be an a talented driver!

There is no possibly way to abuse my bug worse than I do :lol:

Which probably explains why nobody else will lend them any of the other historic Jags for use on the track.

Like the Mk1 they got for the touring cars video?

There is no possibly way to abuse my bug worse than I do :lol:

You think that James May, hater of every Beetle ever made, would let your car leave the TG compound intact? :shifty:

I think I let Jeremy trash my Jeep around if only to see him shit his pants trying to take a corner going over 30mph (without any "training wheels" of course).

Like the Mk1 they got for the touring cars video?

Mk.1's are in no way valuable historic cars. They made *lots* of them. People give them away in the UK. They use them in banger racing and demolition derbies, FCS.

You'll note that nobody's lent them one of the first few E-Types, any of the later Le Mans racers, *or* even any of the Broadspeed cars. Let alone an XKSS or the XJ13; basically, they don't get to play with irreplaceable Jaguars any more.

Last edited:
I'd love to see what lap time my old Scoob would post compared to the standard UK spec POS that blundered it's way around. In fact, I'd love to see TG film a special article about the whole [massive] Subaru scene and just how fast they can be. A special Subaru lap board with an S204, Type RA-R, Litchfield Type 25, 22B etc would be cool alongside a 15 minute segment.
My current car, a Skoda Fabia vRS did well when JC raced RH in a Mini Cooper, so my little tweeks might see a reasonable time for such an average machine :D

They would just pull my car over and get out after about a few hundred yards, so even if I was willing to let them do it, they would not want to.

I like my car, but it is only exciting "in my mind".