Futurama

Now that I've had a couple weeks since I first watched it, I watched it again and I'm significantly less impressed and unsatisfied.

I always hate musical numbers, despite Katey Segal's singing ability they've always been especially bad in Futurama. Do we need TWO musical numbers, especially the butt-clenching Santa/Chanukah Zombie/Kwanza Bot number?

A lot of warming over the universe of the series. What's new, the disgusting naked scammers? Meh.

The Al Gore stuff pissed me off first go round and it still does. Maybe John Kerry has a daughter who can "write" for the show so he can appear in a head jar and whine that he lost an election too. Jesus Christ it was seven years ago get over it. Is that what Kristen Gore "writes", all the 2000 election jokes? But the rest of the old gags are here again too, and annoyingly in-your-face as someone said above.

....and the movie has hit mininova! (The beast with a billion backs)

Enjoy peeps :)

Should I watch the last movie first?

The 3rd movie better be on par with the show, these 2 have been a major let down. :(

Hmmm, might not bother then... :(
Rented the first movie and wasn't impressed... if this new movie really is like that, it's probably not worth the hassle... Shame... :(

I liked the first.. This one was a bit of a letdown. It started off great, but got really boring towards the end..

towards the end?

I figured it was going to be crap at that steamboat willy thing at the start

It felt like they'd taken all the crappy elements from the awful love episodes and concocted it into one movie.

I'm hard pressed to find even a episode more boring than this one, it just dragged on and on, at least the first one was a bit funny.

They need to bring it back up or stop right now

I'm hard pressed to find even a episode more boring than this one, it just dragged on and on, at least the first one was a bit funny.

that's blurnsball episode with leela comes to mind

The immigrants with the food shop gave it the nudge ahead of this

Well I think it's clear that the format just doesnt work for a feature length movie. Family Guy tried it and it didn't work, The Simpsons tried it and it didn't work, Futurama tried it and it didn't work, and judging by the responses in here so far, continues not to work. Just go back to the 22 minute episode format and leave the movies on the cutting room floor.

I havent seen it yet, I will see it, but you arent filling me with hope here...

If you are a diehard Futurama fan, watch it to be able to say you did, and enjoy the small comedy moments, but as for the story and effect, lets just say i was just waiting to finish it and move onto some old simpsons eps to remember what real comedy was.

Well, I kinda liked it. Zapp Branaghan is always comedy gold so he managed to provide some relief from the otherwise uncompelling storyline.

I like it.. It wasn't brilliant but it was entertaining..

I finally saw the second movie... not bad at all, you guys really had me thinking it was gonna be terrible.

I love that David Cross was voice acting, so that made that sex octopus somewhat tolerable. It had some hilarious jokes before Yivo came into the scenario. It's only as bad as some of the more mediocre episodes from the show.

6.5/10

Trailer for the 3rd movies been out for a while.... and I'm not liking it too much.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj2VU_8l6gs[/YOUTUBE]

Its coming out in November, and I'm not setting high expectations for this one.