Working on new watermark

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Decided to make a new one and put a little more effort into it. I traced the front view of a d80 and made a little vector image.

new_watermark_sample1.jpg

new_watermark_sample2.jpg

new_watermark_sample3.jpg

C&C?

I like the image, but I'm not a fan of the tilt, it clashes with the level lines of some images and thus becomes a bit too distracting.

Im with BCS, keep it straight and flat yo.

For me, no matter how good, good looking or skillfull, watermarks are just ugly. If you struggle to find it, then imo (please notice that this is imo) its good. For Ice, its good looking, but my opinion is biased against all visible watermarks.

Keep it level.

A watermark is there so someone has a difficult time claiming ownership of your pics. If you want unwatermarked, ask the owner. ;)

But the whole point of watermarks is to stop people trying to use your image as theirs, so the watermark should cover a good chunk of the photo without being too intrusive, or it's pretty much useless. Looks good IMO, tilted or level. :)

Edit: Damn you, Ice. :shakefist:

Last edited:
straight, and smaller FTW. You're not Sutton (yet):p

I was actually thinking of doing it the other way around. Gonna make examples of both.

new_watermark_sample4.jpg

new_watermark_sample5.jpg

Last edited:
I've never really seen the point of watermarks on an 800*600 picture. Noone would be able to sell it if they did steal it!

True (almost), but at least if the photo does get used elsewhere, people can trace it back to you/your website.

I like making it difficult for them. Only takes me 20 seconds.

Top one with the tilted camera looks brilliant. :thumbsup:

I'm wondering if i shouldn't have made it a bit bigger, though, because at that size, you can't see the iris i made for the camera.

new_watermark.png

Or maybe i could put it on a flat surface somewhere on the picture to make it seem like part of the photo, like a grafitti.

If you can do that without it looking el cheapo then it sounds good. :)