The "New Toys" Thread

Ah, that's the one that you recommended. :cool:

Hows the quality? Do you need an amp to get the best out of it, or is it suitable for any portable mp3 player / battery operated player ?

They sound awesome, and only get better as they burn in. My 5th gen iPod 30gb can drive them just fine.

Thrustmaster T 16000M Joystick

41wmTycWl8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Quite good to use, I like how solid and well built it feels. HAWX is a lot of fun with the right joystick and this is definitely it.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyjeeper/2009/06/18/206897541.jpg

Well, thanks to Crazyjeeper's recommendation. I've just bought one as well : ) :mrgreen: :cool:

^ that's cool TechZ, your new toy and myself have the same nickname...:D. I would also someday like yo get some cool flight simulator program.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyjeeper/2009/06/18/206897541.jpg

Well, thanks to Crazyjeeper's recommendation. I've just bought one as well : ) :mrgreen: :cool:

Be sure to post your impressions once you get them, and keep in mind, they do need some burn in time. Mine sound far better now that they have about 30-40 hours down.

Nice, Z. The last joystick I bought used a MIDI port. :D

Man, at one point I had the F-22 Joystick with the optional F-16 throttle from Thrustmaster. I think that thing used a PS2 keyboard connector and a serial port (mouse?). I still have it in the basement somewhere... Plus all the flight simulators dried up since then. I miss the days when there used to be 5-10 good flight sims.

Be sure to post your impressions once you get them, and keep in mind, they do need some burn in time. Mine sound far better now that they have about 30-40 hours down.

When you say burn in. Do you mean just playing general music and use it normally? Or is there any special burn in techniques that i need to follow. And i won't get my hands on the headphones till mid july.

When you say burn in. Do you mean just playing general music and use it normally? Or is there any special burn in techniques that i need to follow. And i won't get my hands on the headphones till mid july.

I just mean playing sounds through them. I burned mine in by putting on a long playlist and putting them over a sweatshirt and going to sleep.

I would like to note that there's little measurable result of extended burn-in in loudspeakers or electronics. It's usually the subjectivits' realm.

Crazyjeeper has both subjectivist and objectivist views on audio topics, so I thought I'd clarify.

Personally, I think burn-in is more about the ears than the drivers.

I would like to note that there's little measurable result of extended burn-in in loudspeakers or electronics. It's usually the subjectivits' realm.

Crazyjeeper has both subjectivist and objectivist views on audio topics, so I thought I'd clarify.

Personally, I think burn-in is more about the ears than the drivers.

I really don't know if burn in actually does something to the drivers but I think it changed the sound for the better, and you certainly won't do any harm.

Sound is an odd thing to quantify opinions on. What may sound brilliant to me may be like fingernails on a blackboard to you. Most of my views on audio are subjective, based on personal experience.

This is probably true as well, I did notice though that I didn't think I needed to use the EQ after about 30 hours.

Basically, take anybody's opinions on audio stuff with a few grains of salt.

A friend and I had to dremel the crap out of my BTX mobo'd 5 year old Gateway :p

No more PS/2 ports (desoldered) and the heat sink for my CPU lost a couple of fins and gained a fan. And we added the obligatory blue LED's. Fun day. I'll post pics later.

heh, sounds like your video card is worth more than the rest of your PC combined.

Just took delivery of this:
logitech-mx1100-cordless-mouse-1.jpg

And its pretty neat.
Logitech mx 1100, better than the LX8 that came with my wave desktop. The 1100 also comes with the wave pro desktop, so I hoped the receiver would be the same, but the 1100 standalone has a receiver without a connect button, so I need 2 receiver, which is the only drawback so far. Gladly the keyboard doesn't mind the greater distance to the back of the HTPC, the mouse might have complained via jerkiness...

Got it for 35 euros from amazon incl. shipping, which was 8 euros cheaper than the next cheapest...
Pretty happy with it!

Awesome mouse, and for months I've been using it from about 15 feet away with zero issues, though the receiver is sitting right below the TV via an extension.

Got this in the mail today:

Beyerdynamic-DT150.gif

Traded my Yamaha YH1 orthodynamics for them. Can't wait to test these babies out tomorrow after my morning exam!

This:
S226-3738-d.JPG

37" of beauty. Forza is gorgeous... <3

Don't have so much time to browse around the forum, so i'll ask here.

i'm looking for a digital video camera with not too much fancy bits.

Want

- HD quality
- good zoom (10x or more)
- possibility to view it on my (not HD) TV
- something simple and idiotproof
- with memory card, no hard disk
- <500?

Nice to have

- touch screen
- rotatable screen
- possibility to make pictures

Ok Finalgear nerds video Gods, tell me what to buy!