FinalGear Shirts 2009 Fall Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the oversteer one only works if you have a definition for understeer in there aswell...
otherwise the whole "oversteer is best" doesn't make sense.

That's a good point, I'm sure it can easily be reworded, or the definition of understeer could be put on the back perhaps. It's still a work in progress.

matt2000 said:
They look good, but #3 needs tweaking to make the English fully understandable and add capital letters.

Yeah, that is mainly due to my lack of decent writing ability (I can ramble but more often that not it doesn't make sense), and also due to the fact I didn't reread it once I had put it on, so I had something to gauge opinion on.

As for the wording, how is this?

Over?steer (?'v?r-st?r') noun You are driving along a road and turn the steering wheel, the back of the car comes round, you go off the road, crash into a tree and die: Oversteer means you do not see the tree that kills you
(based pretty much exactly on the TG version)

Or this one which is more proper dictionary based.

Over?steer (?'v?r-st?r') noun The tendancy for a vehicles rear wheels to lose adhesion (or come close to) with the road surface sooner than the front wheels whilst cornering

Finally, for it to be sent in for the voting, does it have to be a .psd file or can it be a high quality .jpg or other image file?

I'd go with the PSD, Quiky can do much more with it that way. Remember that the last designs were tweaked.

I actually need to submit my others come to think of it. :think:

First re-wording is better, I just feel the last sentence would be better as " With Oversteer, you do not see the tree that kills you." There's something from old physics exams I've done, never say 'that/which means' :D

Last edited:
They will go up for vote, take orders, and be printed. The top couple shirts will be printed (Could be 2, could be 5, or even 10. Depends on how sweet they are, along with the demand).
Final choice of the winner rests with the sole discretion of FinalGear.com i.e., if we choose we can simply ignore all your votes and pick what we like, but so far we go with what people want.

Last edited:
^ this is currently just a thread encouraging submissions. Quiky and Viper will give us all the choices that are appropriate (eg nothing too rude, nothing copyrighted, etc) to vote on in another thread. Then the top few will be printed and shipped out to whoever buys.

And like it says, if Quiky/Viper don't like what we choose, they can override and choose something else to print. Not likely, but they are the evil overlords....

EDIT: So if the contest ends today like 47 said (forgot to read his post sorry!), this thread will be closed and unpinned and a new, voting thread will go up instead. This will most likely be in a few days/a week. Depends on how long it takes them to sift through the submissions and pick the appropriate ones. We will most likely get about 10 choices, going by the increase in designs compared to last time.

Last edited:
Working on something, thought I would show off what I have done so far to see what people think. Very simple. I am going to try a horizontal version, with the FG logo in the lineup with legendary or something else underneath.

http://img198.imageshack.**/img198/7330/fgtee.jpg

I would buy the hell out of this.

Out of curiosity though, how does it look if you have 2 silhouettes side-by-side?

so you'd have two rows of two as opposed to one column of 4.

If it looks like ass, ignore me.

salguod's design wins hands down for me. Except, I'd remove the text. Just leave the silhouettes and a small fg logo somewhere, if at all.

Right, the 27th already! I'll get the final CarelessAir shirt designs submitted tonight after school when I have some free time (four day school weeks).

salguod's design wins hands down for me. Except, I'd remove the text. Just leave the silhouettes and a small fg logo somewhere, if at all.

I removed the text from the submitted one, the 4 silhouettes vertically with a smallish FG logo at the bottom. The silhouettes were also made larger and put a little closer together.

http://img150.imageshack.**/img150/4900/outlinest.jpg

That and the Oversteer definition one were submitted on Tuesday I think it was.

Oooh, I was actually going to suggest making them a little larger, but decided to keep my beak out. Looks really good. :)

So i sent mine in a PM a few days ago, mainly just because i was bored...its fairly plain. but i kinda like it.
mainly i like the idea that it would work on any color shirt
Frontdark.jpg

Backdark.jpg

Last edited:
^The Final Gear, World Tour logo?

I just thought that font (in that orientation) would be perfect for that. And have all the countries on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.