2007 Canadian Grand Prix

Can someone explain to me why Schumi is still hanging around in F1?? Thats Ferrari's problem there!!

I'd be putting him in that Ferrari back at Mugello or wherever and find out just what needs to be done to take this car forwards. At the start of the season, it was the best car by far, but now the McLaren is clearly the faster car.

I missed qualifying, but it looks like Hamilton has done a great job and Alonso sealing the front row is great to see! Looking forward to the race. :)

I missed qualifying, but it looks like Hamilton has done a great job and Alonso sealing the front row is great to see! Looking forward to the race. :)

Alonso has the faster car, but got sideways in the last chicane so he backed off.

[Hopeful thinking]If Hamilton wins the Drivers Championship in his rookie season, Schumi might be forced to rethink his early retirement.[/Hopeful thinking]

I hate to admit it, but I miss the controversial bastard...

I wouldnt complain if Schumi came back in a team other than Ferrari.

Woah - missed this thread... Looking forward to the race tonight (or this morning actually)

Should be a cracker with LH on pole. Webber did OK too - Hopefully his car can hold together in the race!

Getting up at 2:30 or whatever time the race starts so I can watch it live as an extra bonus got a new plasma to watch it on too!

CMON HEIDFIELD!!!! I've got 5 bucks riding on him winning this GP (at 1:34)

What if he joined Honda, and forced them to make a Mars car instead.

Not Mars.... MERCURY :p

READY MERCURY?

http://img185.imageshack.**/img185/245/planetsph0.jpg

The Honda F1 team may be on the verge of a breakthrough in a so far disappointing season, after the appointment of a new special adviser.

Professor Wolfgang Hornbuckle, of the Royal College of Astronomy, took up his position as the team?s ?Planetary Adviser? on Monday, and reckons that all Honda needs to do is change the Earth car into the Mercury car.

Prof Hornbuckle reckons the answer lies in ?Kepler?s second law of planetary motion?.

He explained: ?Honda has based the RA107 around the wrong planet ? the orbital velocity of the Earth is a pretty unimpressive 18 miles per second while Mercury belts along at a mighty 30 miles per second, which is ever so fast.?

Quite how the car will look, after being changed from a nice bluey-green to a dusty brown remains to be seen, but all options are being considered.

The Prof went on (as astronomers do): ?And of course, in Roman times, Mercury was the messenger of the gods, and was naturally thought to be a bit on the swift side, so it all fits together very nicely really.?

The Gravel Trap

Not Mars.... MERCURY :p

READY MERCURY?

http://img185.imageshack.**/img185/245/planetsph0.jpg

The Honda F1 team may be on the verge of a breakthrough in a so far disappointing season, after the appointment of a new special adviser.

Professor Wolfgang Hornbuckle, of the Royal College of Astronomy, took up his position as the team?s ?Planetary Adviser? on Monday, and reckons that all Honda needs to do is change the Earth car into the Mercury car.

Prof Hornbuckle reckons the answer lies in ?Kepler?s second law of planetary motion?.

He explained: ?Honda has based the RA107 around the wrong planet ? the orbital velocity of the Earth is a pretty unimpressive 18 miles per second while Mercury belts along at a mighty 30 miles per second, which is ever so fast.?

Quite how the car will look, after being changed from a nice bluey-green to a dusty brown remains to be seen, but all options are being considered.

The Prof went on (as astronomers do): ?And of course, in Roman times, Mercury was the messenger of the gods, and was naturally thought to be a bit on the swift side, so it all fits together very nicely really.?

The Gravel Trap

hahahahahahaha

If the V8's are on this weekend, and the GP is on at 2:45am, then that means we wont have to put up with Cam McBoreville for this coverage :D

I wouldnt be suprised if Daryl Beattie hangs around after the Moto GP to help Rusty.

ITV really need to ease up on the Hamilton stuff, it's getting boring fast.

ITV really need to ease up on the Hamilton stuff, it's getting boring fast.

Yes, I agree. I know it's British coverage, but not everyone in Britain goes for Lewis Hamilton, and theres 3 other Brits and 22 drivers all up, so they should really start covering it like they were last year.

Webber and Kovalainen are the only ones actually racing out there...

I hate pit stops, they should ban them all together. Drivers are just driving around in nice little queues waiting to possibly overtake the fella in front in the pits. FUCK, boring.

Holy shit that was one big mother of a crash. Hope he's ok.

Watching this on Fox makes me feel stupid. They seem to be explaining everything for the not so bright American audience. Or is it just me?

Kubica is apparently awake and hasn't got any broken bones. A big relief, that crash was massive and the initial impact with the barrier simply sickening. Hopefully he didn't suffer any head injuries that would become apparent later...

FUCK, boring.

Aaallrighty... So I'll stop making stupid, premature comments in the future. The crash aside, there's finally some proper racing going on all through the field.

Heidfelt FTW

Fingers Crossed for Kubica. I havent seen a crash like that for ages. That was horrible.

Stop Go for Alonso too.

Watching this on Fox makes me feel stupid. They seem to be explaining everything for the not so bright American audience. Or is it just me?

yea, normally the guys from speed tv are very good, but them on fox, too much dumb talk...and congrats to lewis:D