BERK IN A MERC

Just so you know, last year I was hit head on by some stupid bitch texting as she came around a blind bend on the wrong side of the road. I'm sure up until the point that we went glancing off each other (luckily it wasn't full head on or I wouldn't be typing this now) she also would have said "i'm capable of doing it without it imparing my driving at all." I'm extremely glad to report that she lost most of her front teeth in the accident.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I had my one year old in the back at the time...
You don't look at the telephone to talk on it. Texting is a different matter. Most British people have rotten teeth anyway so I don't think it would make any difference to her if she lost them:p
ITSH DOCTA WHO! You've made some weird posts but this takes the biscuit.

As for Clarkson, well, he was wrong, but at least he wasn't in town or on country lanes.
What the heck is weird about this post and many others? Phone boxes are there to be used:rolleyes:
553px-Lol_que.jpg

Ever been in a hospital? Internal bleeding and damaged organs can cause death.
No I haven't been to a hospital yet, and I am thankful for it. Internal bleeding is a horrible thing, yes, but cars are not made to kill people, therefore not classified as a weapon.
Speak for yourself, My daily driver is an automatic, one hand on the wheel, one hand on the phone, foot on the pedals. Something wrong with that equation? Or do you actually drive everywhere bolt upright wearing bright colors and using arm signals for the exact time specified in your beloved highway code? Do you read the road regulations at night and touch yourself? Hmm?

Go on and blindly follow what the government tells you to do, but no lawmaker in some capital is going to tell me what i'm capable of doing in my car. Be a good little nazi and follow your leader, believe the ridiculous notion that holding a 2 ounce piece of plastic means that you lose all ability to turn a wheel and pay attention to your surroundings. Simpleton! Fascist!

Ah, the old "I'm a parent so my opinion matters" argument. Sorry, but the ability to participate in unprotected intercourse does not mean you're an expert on road safety. Or schooling, or nutrition, or theology, or entertainment, or government...

Don't worry buddy, we are not all like that, I am all for safe driving and common sense. The British driving standards agency is a health and safety obsessed money grabbing fear mongering organisation. It gets to some people. Your discription is amusing, reputation for that:lol: I personally think the government should BUTT OUT they are way too much involved in the business of the average joe at the moment.

Speak for yourself, My daily driver is an automatic, one hand on the wheel, one hand on the phone, foot on the pedals. Something wrong with that equation? Or do you actually drive everywhere bolt upright wearing bright colors and using arm signals for the exact time specified in your beloved highway code? Do you read the road regulations at night and touch yourself? Hmm?

Go on and blindly follow what the government tells you to do, but no lawmaker in some capital is going to tell me what i'm capable of doing in my car. Be a good little nazi and follow your leader, believe the ridiculous notion that holding a 2 ounce piece of plastic means that you lose all ability to turn a wheel and pay attention to your surroundings. Simpleton! Fascist!QUOTE]

*shakes head in digust*

There is no need to be so rude.......

Sorry if i'm sensitive to being implied to be an idiot and a murderer because i have the ability to do two simple tasks at once.

No I haven't been to a hospital yet, and I am thankful for it. Internal bleeding is a horrible thing, yes, but cars are not made to kill people, therefore not classified as a weapon.

They can be. In the US, if you try to run someone down in your car, it can fall under assualt with a deadly weapon. Just because it wasn't designed to be a weapon, doesn't mean it can't become one.

I swear looking down to fiddle with the radio is on par with talking a cell phone. I know the Brits don't eat food much in their cars, but are you allowed to?

I fear for health and safety people to exist, they must pass laws and statutes, regardless of any necessity of the law. If they aren't busy making life seemingly "safer," then their jobs might be in danger. Thus, this cell phone nonsense.

I hope Jeremy comes out defiant on this issue. More people seem unhappy with Jeremy's action, which surprises me a little.

"Afterwards we moved into the fast lane and overtook him and we gave him a beep. It was clearly him."

Inappropriate use of the horn?

Because people believe the propaganda and really think that talking on the phone makes you a bad driver, when these "bad drivers" talking on the phone would probably be just as bad without the cell. I Hate to sound sexist, but some 21 year old blonde in a SUV is usually swerving around and not signaling anyway, and these are the type of people you see talking on the phone at all hours, people dont want to say "lol woman driver", so they attack the cellphone, assuming that that MUST be causing the problem.

I swear looking down to fiddle with the radio is on par with talking a cell phone. I know the Brits don't eat food much in their cars, but are you allowed to?

I fear for health and safety people to exist, they must pass laws and statutes, regardless of any necessity of the law. If they aren't busy making life seemingly "safer," then their jobs might be in danger. Thus, this cell phone nonsense.

I hope Jeremy comes out defiant on this issue. More people seem unhappy with Jeremy's action, which surprises me a little.
How do you know "British people don't eat in their cars much"? What makes you think that?:? When I get my license I want to be able to have the ability to eat in my car without fear of losing my license.
Inappropriate use of the horn?
Yes, they were pwnt! by that:) Calling the "over taking lane" the "fast lane" as well L.O.L. which I believe is frowned upon by the standards agency.

Just so you know, last year I was hit head on by some stupid bitch texting as she came around a blind bend on the wrong side of the road. I'm sure up until the point that we went glancing off each other (luckily it wasn't full head on or I wouldn't be typing this now) she also would have said "i'm capable of doing it without it imparing my driving at all." I'm extremely glad to report that she lost most of her front teeth in the accident.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I had my one year old in the back at the time...

Well, thanks for that little backstory THAT I COMPLETELY MISSED. The dumb bitch may have been just that, texting on a phone which is something completely unthinkable to me as I draw the line at hammering out a coherent sentence as being hard to do without at the helm of a two-ton death machine, but it still doesn't give you the right to act like what you did back there. Are all parents self-righteous imposing elitists? If so, I hope mine never stray to an Internet forum...

P.S. MattD1zzl3, you may be a dickhead, but I still owe you a beer. :mrgreen:

Wow, Jeremy seriously has good taste in cars, I had no idea he had a 600!

He explains it in his latest column in TG Magazine. He bought it because he wanted a saloon car to use instead of their XC90 on long journeys, but didn't want anything new or boring etc, so bought stylishly. I'm not so sure about the green though. I would have it repainted black.

Oh noes! The Humanity!

(Fucking slow news day. Aren't there wars going on?)

Are all parents self-righteous imposing elitists?

All of the ones commenting on any public issue and using the result of their late night antics as credentials, yes.

P.S. MattD1zzl3, you may be a dickhead, but I still owe you a beer. :mrgreen:

Ehh, I just am not willing to sit back and be abused by idiots just because i dont follow the common public sentiment.

Last edited:
Stupid news! I think one shouldn't drive while talking on mobile phone though. As a law it's stupid. One can still talk to a separete handset like the Phobile or hold and smoke cigarette. And drink from a styrofoam bucket. Why ban holding the actual mobile phone then? Using cheap rubbish 'one wire and a mic' handsfree systems is more complicated than just holding the phone. And the bluetooth earpiece (the one BMW M3 drivers have according to JC) is useless too.
Talking on a mobile is different from talking to people inside the car. You can't see the person you talk to so I bet the concentration level is different.
I don't make calls or answer my phone when driving. I'm never that busy. Are you guys really?
Mythbusters episode 3x09. Hardly anything scientific though.

I can't imagine what 'mirror reader' Mr. Adam Blake is trying to achieve. One pic and a commend on a paper. Do they even pay we???
The way they got to put Clarkson among Amin, Brezhnev, Tito and Ceausescu. hehe! I want a ZIL and a Chaika

Wow, I think I can guess next week's headline:

"Jeremy Clarkson speeding on motorway, run for your lives, he's out to kill us all!"

I don't think we need the media to enforce traffic laws, thank you very much.

The fact of the matter is, not all of us are wheel shufflers. Using a mobile phone whilst driving could be argued as just like talking to the passenger next to you with your hand on your ear.

Btw people, we all have opinions and like to express them...:D

For a second there, because of the thread title, I thought somebody had seen... those, uh... things I did... in my car, on the weekend.

Anyway, I didn't know Clarkson owned a 600! The 600 is my favouriteist car in the whole wide world! I'm sure none of you knew it's my favourite car because I've only mentioned it a million, billion times.

Funny colour that green. I've never seen one in that colour before... I'm not sure I like it.

I used to own a Saab in that colour but I suppose that's neither here nor there...

I believe, his wife got it for him for Christmas, he's talked about it in a few of its articles, apparently its got in very good nick.

I love how it says EXCLUSIVE as well...

Good going mirror, i'm sure all the other newspapers are tripping over themselves to write front page stories about shaky cellphone pictures about people talking on cell phones.

Reading the article, the photo was taken by the drivers girlfriend, so it wasn't the driver that took the pic.

I can't clearly tell what he is doing there. It could be a phone. He could be scratching his ear.

It's a bit stupid to put it on the front page of a newspaper. Jeremy has always expressed his dislike for that particular driving law.