Carbage

You dont know a 350Z?
I do... well, I know they exist and that TG took one of them to Iceland years ago. But I hadn't seen the enormous butt of a recent one from that angle and could have done without it.

They even sold them in Europe....well they sold about 4 but still.
Hence my blissful ignorance.

The 350z weighs a lot as a coupe, probably weighs a whole moon as a roadster.

I'm putting this in carbage, but there is something about it that is also cool:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/5652344168.html

00n0n_4vhzkydqI7r_1200x900.jpg

This is a 1988 Volkswagen Cabriolet street rod. It is 4 wheel drive and has a 350 chevy vortec engine that is around 500hp. It is running 3.43 gears with a limit slip rear axle. Car has a new top, new tires, new engine, new rear differential headers, dual 2 1/2 welded exhaust, a 700r4 trany, and several hundred hours of work in it. I am still working out some of the bugs, but as you can see by the pictures, it is a show stopper and gets lots of attention. I am not really looking to sell it, but am in need of cash, so figured I would put it out there and see if anyone is looking for an insane modern street rod. Cash talks. And for the rite price I am willing to listen. I would also be willing to build something custom and stupid for you, so feel free to call me if you have a bad idea and money burning a hole in your pocket. Thanks for looking. Galen
show contact info

I like the general idea of dropping a V8 in a Mk1 Golf. At the same time, I am highly suspicious of the claimed 500hp from a 350 small block and the four wheel drive.

I'm putting this in carbage, but there is something about it that is also cool:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/5652344168.html

https://images.craigslist.org/00n0n_4vhzkydqI7r_1200x900.jpg

I like the general idea of dropping a V8 in a Mk1 Golf. At the same time, I am highly suspicious of the claimed 500hp from a 350 small block and the four wheel drive.[/QUOTE]

That kind of power is fairly easy to attain from a SBC. How do they know that though? A lot of people have said that to me over the years and I always ask if they have a dyno sheet.

It is also fun to see when the guy(always a guy too) that says it has X HP, or it should run X time see the results of that dyno run, or trip down the 1/4 mile get a healthy kick of reality.

The real worry is the 4WD system. Will it stand up to that kind of power?

Crossfire owners are often delusional but this is a whole new level.

That kind of power is fairly easy to attain from a SBC. How do they know that though? A lot of people have said that to me over the years and I always ask if they have a dyno sheet.

It is also fun to see when the guy(always a guy too) that says it has X HP, or it should run X time see the results of that dyno run, or trip down the 1/4 mile get a healthy kick of reality.

The real worry is the 4WD system. Will it stand up to that kind of power?

I still remember a dyno event that happened in my town, a guy in a green C3 Corvette was bragging about his built engine, he'd gotten it built in the US and it had been benched to 400hp.

This was one of those dynapak thing, so it measures hp to the wheels, he got 250hp, he was pissed! but it sounded reasonable to me, with the ungodly amount of drivetrain loss you can get in an old USDM car :p

I have never seen a parking meter mounted like that before.

And those wheels are tacky. Almost any other color would be better.

I liked it :ph34r:

I like it, its flashy, and there's no proof he hasnt taken it to europe at least once, someone here has done the opposite....

So,... I um,... yeah,... this uh,.. I just,... Maybe I should just show you... You have been warned, it is not for the faint of heart, could cause explosive laughter and, or spit takes. Chilrdern should leave the room. Will ruin what little faith you have left in humanity.

Seriously, this is just b a d.

I want to know how much it is without the custom paint, might pay extra for that.