FinalGear Michigan meet at the Detroit Autoshow

Sevs753

Car(s)
'13 Subaru BRZ, '04 GMC Yukon
naias-logo.jpg

The North American International Auto Show is coming up so I think it would be a good time for us midwestern FGers to meet up and see the show.

Planning on attending the Auto Show in the afternoon of Saturday January, 19th

If we have the viper by then, we can even take it to the usual Detroit landmarks.

Lunch: TBD

Planned Attendee's
1. Sevs753
2. CrazyRussian540
3. GRtak (maybe)

Last edited:
I would like to go just not sure what will be happening then.

So if we have the viper for the show, who will take it after the show? I'd like ot get pictures with it at some of the other big Detroit sites before it continues on.

I'm not sure it'll get to BlaRo ontime for him to take it to MA for me. I'd love to bring it to the FoMoCo WHQ (and other FoMoCo sites) - because why not :lol:

So this is coming up in a little over a week. Anybody have any suggestions on when and where to meet up? As I understand it, BlaRo will be coming as well?

Also, any news on meeting Ralph Gilles at the show?

I don't know if he'll be around until the weekend. He's at the show right now actually, and if they do end up doing something with Mr. SRT, it'll be during one of the press days :(

As far as meeting for the show, we should choose somewhere that'll be obvious. I don't think "lets meet at the entrance by the Ford area" will work too well. I'm most likely going to end up parking in the Joe Louis Arena Garage, so maybe we can meet on one of the walkways going over to COBO?

EDIT: On second thought, thats also pretty vague. Maybe we can meet near the place on some street then drive over to the parking lot. To whoever arrives 2nd, a silver Prelude or a green Mustang can't be missed easily.

Last edited:
The package is in my possession. The Viper and Alfa are riding around in the Mustang with me so that I can take photos, while the rest of the stuff is safe at my apartment.

I'll be parking by the Ren Cen and walking to Cobo. (I work in the Ren Cen and get free parking.) I don't know exactly where we can meet but I was thinking somewhere in the lobby at Cobo.

What time were you thinking of meeting?

I'm having a few problems with the Mustang, and its getting to the point where I probably should take it to the dealer (Tom Holzer Ford) and have them look at it. I was thinking of going Saturday morning.

What time were you thinking of meeting?

I'm having a few problems with the Mustang, and its getting to the point where I probably should take it to the dealer (Tom Holzer Ford) and have them look at it. I was thinking of going Saturday morning.

I was thinking about getting there about 10:30-11am.

Whats going on with the Mustang?

At first (around 1500miles on the clock), the rear axle started to squeak over bumps. Now (around 1800miles) it sounds like I'm driving over loose railroad tracks at every bump and dip in the road.

Necrobump!

Did you get the nvh sorted out?

At first (around 1500miles on the clock), the rear axle started to squeak over bumps. Now (around 1800miles) it sounds like I'm driving over loose railroad tracks at every bump and dip in the road.

https://www.facebook.com/events/129531727223298/

Anyone interested in going to this? I've never been to one of these "youth" parking-lot gatherings, but I'm willing to bet it will be an interesting sight, so I'll show up, at least for a little bit. Plus Hooters.

https://www.facebook.com/events/129531727223298/

Anyone interested in going to this? I've never been to one of these "youth" parking-lot gatherings, but I'm willing to bet it will be an interesting sight, so I'll show up, at least for a little bit. Plus Hooters.

I'm defiantly going. They put on the Michigan Mega Meet last year and it was pretty awesome. I have pictures somewhere if you're at all interested.

Btw, thats not a "youth" meet at all. :) If you see an event for XceedSpeed, thats a youth event. Pretty much all ricers.

So its not like the group of people showing up for the FF6 premier?

Judging by the FF6 group on facebook, its less ricers and more brostangs. So I'm kind of weary of showing up in my Mustang. The ricer aspect also is making showing up in a Miata (which if all goes as planned, I will own in 2 weeks) less than appealing.

Also got some unpleasant news from that group. Posted a picture of my car saying I might show up, and some guy was able to tell me who she had 90miles on the odo when I bought her.
I was less than thrilled to ear the tale.

Last edited:
Well, this is the motor city so muscle cars are going to be extremely popular. I really don't think you'll encounter an issues showing up in a miata. All of the car people I know appreciate the miata for the car it is and not the image it seems to have. If you're worried about what kind of reaction it'll get, bring it to Cars, Coffee & Karts first.

Someone recognized your car from the dealership? Like, they test drove it before you bought it? I guess thats one of the issues with buying from dealer stock. You never know if its been test driven by someone else before.

Not just test drove it. The guy's friend took it home with intention of buying it. But had to return it when he didn't get a loan approved. Thats why it had 90 miles on it when I picked it up. And since it was technically never legally purchased, the dealer had no obligation of telling me about that - needless to say I am less than thrilled.
I'm also surprised they let him off the lot with intention of keeping it without running a credit check first.

The guy (not the friend) actually posted this pic to the group:

The one inside is his, the one outside is mine, except weeks before I bought it.

Last edited: