Idiots + cars = LOL

u-mad1.jpg

Hey champ, I don't care if you were raised a certain way. Sometimes you get born rich, sometimes you get born poor but thats the luck of the draw. You want more, go get it, but don't begrudge someone for giving their kid nice things. That's some jealous bullshit.

Ahh, the siren song of the spoiled brat. "You're just jealous, poor person!"

I work with adolescents with substance abuse and behavior disorders. I'm about to get a master's degree in family therapy and I have almost 30 hours of doctoral credits in Psychology. I'm telling you, as a professional, that one of the major problems I'm seeing with adolescents and young adults derives from the fact that they were coddled very late in their lives. They believe that they are entitled to everything they want because they have never had to work for anything. Their parents see them as their precious little snowflakes and try to protect them from anything that could possibly hurt their little feewings. The result is a kid that has no concept of reality, rather than a kid who is prepared to live in the real world.

You can argue with me all you want, but I have a case of books to my right that would take issue with pretty much everything that you have said so far.

I am, however, interested in your credentials. Have you studied child psychology? Neurobiology? All the major theories of psychology and and structural therapy? Read any of the original works of Freud, Adler, Erikson, or Yalom?

Ahh, the siren song of the spoiled brat. "You're just jealous, poor person!"

I work with adolescents with substance abuse and behavior disorders. I'm about to get a master's degree in family therapy and I have almost 30 hours of doctoral credits in Psychology. I'm telling you, as a professional, that one of the major problems I'm seeing with adolescents and young adults derives from the fact that they were coddled very late in their lives. They believe that they are entitled to everything they want because they have never had to work for anything. Their parents see them as their precious little snowflakes and try to protect them from anything that could possibly hurt their little feewings. The result is a kid that has no concept of reality, rather than a kid who is prepared to live in the real world.

You can argue with me all you want, but I have a case of books to my right that would take issue with pretty much everything that you have said so far.

I am, however, interested in your credentials. Have you studied child psychology? Neurobiology? All the major theories of psychology and and structural therapy? Read any of the original works of Freud, Adler, Erikson, or Yalom?

In fact I have, but then again I don't trot out my non-credentialed self on the internet in an dick swinging contest. So, until you do get a degree, and are being payed to dish out psych advice, please keep your statements qualified as opinion.

Secondly, I merely stated that some people get nice things, and the internet uproar at some kid getting nice things stinks of jealousy. I didn't get a new Camaro/Coxster/Vette/et. al on my 16th birthday, but I sure as shit would have liked one.

I'm definitely with the side of no kid should expect a car. I don't know what i'll do for any kids I have, but certainly I don't want him/her to expect to get something good.

A friend of mine got an '02 Corsa 1.2 when he passed his test; his parents have a DB9, XFS and XC90, and a massive house recently extended. They could afford to get him a new Aston, but they're not retarded. And it shows in him - he's a nice person, and a bit of a scavenger if anything :lol: (I mean that in a nice way of course). I live in a fairly affluent part of the country, but he's one of only a few people who actually got given a car and are nice. Most people (me included) are put on the insurance of the car their parents have. And a few have spent their life savings on a car, quite a few have jobs too.

I don't want to mod the Kangoo both because my parents still use it regularly, but also because it is their car. If it were given to me in the near future (its physical value is loooooow :p) I'd try and make it good first, then maybe shoehorn in a bigger engine. :p That would make it more mine, as I've spent my money making it the way I want. But I certainly wouldn't complain at my parents' sacrifice of a couple of hundred to trade it in so I can have it.

Maybe if I have kids I'll pay for them to have the ability to drive - I don't think that's something to take away from someone, but if they don't want to drive daddy's car (it won't be something brilliant to them, and they won't have constant use of it), then they can buy their own.

When I was younger I wanted a new computer, but I wanted it to be mine, so I got a paper round (which very few young people do here) when I was 13-15. Unfortunately over the years I spent all my money on various bits of tech, so didn't have enough for a car when the time came. But if I could go back; save a bit here and there, I would have my own car by now. But I don't blame it on anyone but myself for that.

In fact I have, but then again I don't trot out my non-credentialed self on the internet in an dick swinging contest. So, until you do get a degree, and are being payed to dish out psych advice, please keep your statements qualified as opinion.

Secondly, I merely stated that some people get nice things, and the internet uproar at some kid getting nice things stinks of jealousy. I didn't get a new Camaro/Coxster/Vette/et. al on my 16th birthday, but I sure as shit would have liked one.

I know that some people "get nice things" - but when you have a life-long pattern of being given those nice things without ever having to earn them you end up with these entitled brats out in the world who think that the world should just give them whatever they want.

If you have actually studied child psychology and adolescent psychology along with structural family theory you would know that this type of parenting does not produce an adult that can function well independently. Unless you want to argue that the role of the parent is not to prepare the child for life, I don't see how you can defend the actions of parents who never allow the child to understand the concepts of accountability and consequences.

A parent making their kid earn their first car is entirely reasonable, no matter what the level of income for the family. I can also understand buying a basic car for the kid (with strings attached) if it is necessary (such as an old truck) as a place to start. In both of these scenarios the kid is learning something about real life. Compare that to the blonde bimbo who threw a fit because the brand new $30,000+ Saab was the wrong color. Instead of telling her to fucking deal with it and enjoy her new car, her parents buy her a second new car in the "right" color and leave her to dispose of the red one.

I am not saying that parents should not provide for their kids, but as a parent you can't always be your kid's friend. You have to be the parent and realize that what kids want has very little grounding in reality, even as adolescents the prefrontal cortex is underdeveloped. Hell, I wanted a Testarosa when I was a kid, when I turned 15 I thought that my parents would upgrade one of their cars so I could drive around in a nice Mercedes. That doesn't mean my parents bought me a Mercedes or gave me theirs to drive.

The one common factor in all these examples of spoiled kids is that the kid is the one in control. S/he is dictating the terms and the parents are responding, that isn't parenting.

EDIT: The fact that I changed programs is the reason I don't have my Master's or Doctorate yet, despite the fact I am within a couple semesters of both. It would be juvenile of you to discount my opinion just because I have a few credit hours left before my master's.

Last edited:
Compare that to the blonde bimbo who threw a fit because the brand new $30,000+ Saab was the wrong color. Instead of telling her to fucking deal with it and enjoy her new car, her parents buy her a second new car in the "right" color and leave her to dispose of the red one.

I already said it once, but here it is once more: that video is fake.
Not saying that there aren't things like that really happening, but if you want to use an example, you shouldn't take one that's actually a viral ad by Domino's Pizza.

^ I got that it was an advert when she said 'I've got a Dominoes Pizza!'. Worst advertising ever? Get people like WTF, then 'Ah it was an advert. I think I'll go give Subway a visit.'. I guess they're at least not being too subtle with the advert. :p

And while, yes that is fake, as is the truck one and most viral videos, people like that do exist unfortunately, hence the discussion on spoiling kids etc. That's just an example which everyone knows.

I'd try and make it good first, then maybe shoehorn in a bigger engine. :p That would make it more mine, as I've spent my money making it the way I want.

SHZmz.jpg

On this subject my parents did save some money as I was growing up. It wasn't especially for a car, but when the time came they agreed that would be a good use. It covered the purchase price but I still paid for tax, insurance (my own) and the MOTs (this years just cost me ?750) which I am earning at work. If that video wasn't fake he'd be a spoilt brat.

I already said it once, but here it is once more: that video is fake.
Not saying that there aren't things like that really happening, but if you want to use an example, you shouldn't take one that's actually a viral ad by Domino's Pizza.

It's art imitating life. I've actually met people like this, one actually did throw a tantrum about a car she was given, although it was because it was the wrong model, not the wrong color.

It's interesting that of my entire post the one thing you decide to respond to is the fact that the video I referenced was staged, even though this fact doesn't impact anything about my post. The video is simply illustrative of behavior I see all the time.

Last edited:

"Police are investigating what role, if any, speed played in the crash."

I don't think you see brake lights until he hits the guardrail. So in my opinion he wasn't driving at all, just sitting in the drivers seat doing who knows what.

I would be fucking pissed if I got such a shit ass car. I am smart enough to know its a joke, but I would rather walk to school than drive a hunk of shit. Hell I would rather have 200 bucks towards a bicycle than drive that truck.

I had such a shit car compared to all my friends, but at least it wasnt that abomination. Try pulling up in that when everyone else has Porsches and Escalades and BMW's, because I did it in a 1994 Maxima and that sucked.

No one said it was a need, but its a dick move for a parent to drive around Ferraris and Range Rovers and then have the kid get a shit ass car. But then again I come from the parenting style of not being raised like a broke motherfucker, nor being raised rich. There is a thing called middle class and it doesnt hurt to get your kid a 15k Civic.

My school had all sorts of muscle cars, Camaros and Firebirds/TAs (many new), BMWs, Corvettes(at least 4,2 new), a Mercedes, Stealths, and a VIPER, in the kids parking lot. I drove a 75 Buick Electra 225, or a 79 Oldsmobile Toronado, both mine. The vast majority of the kids with the new/ sports cars were complete douche bags.

You will feel diferent when you are paying $2500-??? for insurance on top on the cost of the car.

It's interesting that of my entire post the one thing you decide to respond to is the fact that the video I referenced was staged, even though this fact doesn't impact anything about my post.

How and why would that be interesting? I'm just neither part of the discussion itself, nor do I have any desire to be. I don't even disagree with your points.
It just irks me when, basically, something that is used as a reference is simply a fabrication.

The most exotic thing anyone drove at my college was an MG ZR. There was a kid with a Merc but it was 20 years old and made mostly of rust.

Last edited:
It's art imitating life. I've actually met people like this, one actually did throw a tantrum about a car she was given, although it was because it was the wrong model, not the wrong color.

It's interesting that of my entire post the one thing you decide to respond to is the fact that the video I referenced was staged, even though this fact doesn't impact anything about my post. The video is simply illustrative of behavior I see all the time.

I'm not sure if the show is still around but someone posted a video from it. My sweet 16 or someshit, it was basically about spoiled brats and their sweet 16 parties, that particular video might have been staged but people DEFINITELY act that way.

my first car, i paid for half of it myself, the rest was from a savings account my parents had set up for me, and it was not an expensive car either...
my first car was a 1985 Volvo 244DL :p
school? i and one other kid were the only one in class driving, and he had a old Mitsubishi Colt...
there's not that many spoiled kids around here...
Though.. my best friend is like the kids Blind_Io speaks about, his parents built an apartment in their basement, where he lives, and still get everything he points at, and just knocks on the roof if he wants his mom to come down and take his order for a meal.
His first car when he was old enough to drive? his parents bought him a Nissan 200SX s13.
He crashed it drunk driving.
they bought him a new car once he got is license back, a Audi A8 4.2 Quattro.

He's a odd friend, never leaves his home, never calls people, cause he expects everyone to come visit him or call him, he's even said so himself, "why bother go out, when my friends come to me?"

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_...r-distracted-by-adult-toy-during-traffic-stop

Driver arrested after officer finds her distracted by adult toy during traffic stop

CINCINNATI - It was likely the most unique traffic stop two police officers from Elmwood Place police have ever had.

Officers pulled over 32-year-old Colondra Hamilton for an equipment violation on Aug. 17 around 7:30 p.m. in the 200 block of Township Avenue in Elmwood Place.

Officers found Hamilton to have her pants unbuttoned with a female sex toy in her lap. She told officers she had been using the toy while driving, as well as watching a video on a computer her passenger was holding. It is not clear what the nature of that video was.

Hamilton was also found to be in possession of a broken crack pipe.

Hamilton is charged with driving with misdemeanor impaired alertness and two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia. According to court records, Hamilton has a lengthy criminal history.

Court records show that a warrant was issued for Hamilton's arrest after she failed to appear for her arraignment just hours after she was processed and released from the Hamilton County Justice Center.

Charges against the passenger do not appear to have been filed.

:blink::lol:

This needs to be made into one of these:
[video=youtube;5-Sjld5yy3Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Sjld5yy3Q[/video]

Allstate must be feeling the pinch from the media blitz Geico and Progressive are putting on. I guess they finally decided to change tactics away from their usual "mature and sensible, but utterly forgettable" adverts.

I have to admit, I kind of like the Mayhem ads. The big-lipped woman from the Progressive ads can die in a fire. I can't stand those.

EDIT: I just found out there is an "I Hate Flo" (apparently that's her name) Facebook page.

Last edited:
"Nobody protects you from mayhem like Allstate"

After watching that video this sentence comes across as an 'eats, shoots and leaves' thing. I'm disappointed that nobody can protect me from mayhem, and that Allstate are mayhem...

*facepalm*

You guys are not doing it right. I just threw you a big joke waiting to happen and you focus on the comercial?