Show us your knives

Gerber Paraframe. carry it everywhere

Paraframe-I-Dark-Gray-Serrated-Edge-1.jpg

The knife that 15 years of retail has trained me to carry with me every day...which has nearly caused me issues when I've reported for Jury Duty, and gone to the airport nearly forgetting I've had it in my pocket:
3603_xl.jpg

What is the legal limit?

It just occurred me: how common is for you to carry any of those?

It's not the length of the blade thats the problem. It's illegal to carry knives that are possible to open with one hand and have a locking blade. So you more or less have to decide between a locking knife can only be deployed with both hands or a one hand opening slip-joint. I've decided to go with the later one.

And I hardly ever leave home without a knife.

Was 2x Smith and Wesson 27/7's, but I lost one in Seville so I'm down to one. (Spot the everyday and the spare in that photo)

IMG_0712.jpg

A Recent purchase from France:
IMG_5843.jpg

IMG_5842.jpg

It's not the length of the blade thats the problem. It's illegal to carry knives that are possible to open with one hand and have a locking blade. So you more or less have to decide between a locking knife can only be deployed with both hands or a one hand opening slip-joint. I've decided to go with the later one.

And I hardly ever leave home without a knife.

That sounds silly.

That sounds silly.
With guns hardly available here, knifes are the biggest problem when it comes to crime. The laws are silly (since it?s not like criminals will care as long as they can still buy the blades), but when you?ve got a lot of "stabbings" and knifes used in robberies/rapes ... goverments pass laws like that, even if they end up making no difference ...

German knife laws are totally stupid.
My suspicion about them is that they try to fight the symptoms of youth crime whitout fighting the cause.
A few years back balisongs/butterflys and switchblades with narrow blades where outlawed and at that time balisongs and stiletto-type switchblades where the most common knifes used in youth crime.
Now even juvenile thugs are not completly retarded so most of them ditched theit old and now illegal blades and got some one-hand folders.
So crime didn't change, only the type of knife used.
And ca. 2 years ago germany passed another law, that it is now illegal to carry locking folders that you can open with one hand except if you have a "legal reason".

The knife that 15 years of retail has trained me to carry with me every day...which has nearly caused me issues when I've reported for Jury Duty, and gone to the airport nearly forgetting I've had it in my pocket:
3603_xl.jpg

Old tech.

I use a C170 Safety shielded carton cutter.

SOG Trident Tiger Stripe ala CJ
Tampa Bay non locking folder. I got it at the army surplus store, its okay but no where near the quality of the SOG.

I don't carry them, but I leave it in the car and take it with me if I need it. SOG will get extra duty hiking this summer.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/raptorjesus/2011/03/24/2011-03-24_08.59.12.jpg

:lol:
And WTF, sparks @ 1:34? :blink:

Old tech.

I use a C170 Safety shielded carton cutter.

I know they are old, but I preffer them. It's lighter in the pocket, doesn't retain heat and keep your leg warm like the heavier-duty cast metal ones, you can change the blade without a screw driver, and I find that people are WAY too agressive when they use the bigger knives. I've had to throw away thousdands of dollars in product at work because some idiot thinks a big knive needs big motions. With the smaller knife, people make more delicate motions and the product is safer for it. Because the motions are usually softer, people change the blades more frequently, and they don't cut themselves with them as much as, say, they do with these knives:
opplanet-martor-usa-automatic-retractable-cutters-and-knife-martor-usa-08152.jpg

As for the C170, WAY too bulky for me, and too many moving parts. :p

Last edited:
Somewhat related:
What sharpening technique do you guys use?

1) Remove blade
2) Replace blade

:lol: